First thought...

Criminal

When I heard about the family found dead in the Tillamook State Forest in Oregon, was that they might have been geocachers. Cause of death not stated and they are looking for the husband. I haven't heard anything since. This was a couple days ago.

Cache you later,

Planet

"To err is human, to forgive....$5.00"

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

I was just passing the TV here at work, the volume is down, and the headline was “Police find suspicious package in Chicago”. The first thing I think is, “It must be a geocache”.

I thought the same thing when I heard that, but it turns out the media got it wrong. I suspected they found this cache. It wasn't a package that worried police, but a powder found by the Lincoln Park zoo. It turned out to be flour. Some runners organization was having a race and used the flour as chalk to make arrows for the route. It was interesting watching the police handle the situaton, they had the routine down perfectly. At first, tests showed positive for dangerous substances, but since these tests are known to give false positives, further tests were performed revealing the substance as flour. Interestingly enough, Clorox bleach appears to be the official bleach of the Chicago Police Department.