Loading waypoints into MapSend

I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago and got no responses. I wanted to move waypoints in LOC format into MapSend. The only way I can do it right now is to upload all the waypoints into my merigreen and then download them into MapSend. It sure would be handy to be able to go directly to Mapsend. I wish you luck

Hi GeoCraig -

I have exactly the same setup as you do, and I've been very happy with it. I think that overall, it's just the cat's meow for caching.

To get waypoints from this website into MapSend, I use the following technique:

1. Find the cache (or list the caches) I want to get locations for on the geocaching.com website, and download the info directly from the website using EasyGPS.

2. Run GeoBuddy and open the file that I just downloaded that contains the cache info. I like to set the option in GeoBuddy that changes the waypoint ID (ie. GC754F) into the cache nickname (ie. 'The Road that Never Was') because I like to see cache NAMES displayed in MapSend instead of their ID's.

3. Using the supplied cable, I attach my SporTrak Pro to the computer, and use GeoBuddy to upload the waypoints directly into the SporTrak GPS - NOT into MapSend.

4. Finally, I run MapSend, and download the waypoints from the SporTrak GPS into MapSend. Presto! There you have them, all displayed on your MapSend map!

The key here is to download and upload VIA THE SPORTRAK GPS UNIT ITSELF to get the info in and out of MapSend. As far as I know, you can't go from GeoBuddy or EasyGPS directly into MapSend. You MUST go to the GPS, then download from the GPS into MapSend.

I hope this helps. It works fine for me, although I wish there was a more direct method. Does anyone else know a better way, or is this the only one?

- Genius Loci ('the guardian spirit of a place')