Deletions, and undeletions

shunra

I had a reverse cache entry deleted by the cache owner; he mistook a previous Note of mine for a log, although the note specifically explained why it was just a log.

When I delete my own logs, I am told that they are archived. Does that mean that they can be undeleted and put back on? Can the cache owner do that? If not, who do I appeal to?

Relax, write the cache owner, and explain. That's why the e-mail link is there. If the owner doesn't respond or if there's a dispute, then posting publicly might be appropriate. In this case, an e-mail will probably resolve things quickly.

--

Scott Johnson (ScottJ)

Well, I did contact the owner!

I am talking about the 'How Vane It is' reverse cache. It specifies that unique finds are required. So when I came and wanted to log my find, I saw it wasn't unique. So I posted it as a note, and specifically mentioned that I'd be back.

Two days later, I had a unique find, and posted it. This morning I find it deleted, with a comment that no two finds are allowed. Well, I had only one 'find', and that's the one they deleted. That's what I told them. So I uploaded it again, and they deleted it again, this time saying that the unique vane wasn't unique, but saying that my previous one was actually OK. So I changed the wording of my original note and turned it into a find.

But the point is not 'having a log'. The point is the arbitraryness of the deletion, twice, without prior consultation. And my question was whether, in case a deletion was done by mistake, it can be undone. In this case, I had to go out and get the coordinates again, just to find them deleted a second time. This is rather frustrating, and I consider such behavior on the part of a cache owner rude. I am starting to understand why TPTB placed a moratorium on further reverse caches.