live chat

Syn

I do not know if this web site has it or not...I have searched around and have not found it...but we should have a live chat so we can yack at each other in here....I have searched on yahoo chat and see no chat rooms or user rooms for geo caching.

waynepdx

Open mouth insert foot.

I believe you can create a temporary User Room on Yahoo and name it Geocaching, but who wants to wait around to see if anyone shows up? I have started to prefer the newsgroup style of chat because people tend to think about what they're going to say rather than blurt chatter. But chatter is fun once in awhile. If there were a chatroom, I'd drop in occasionally. Let me know if anyone finds one.

txjacksons.gif

Click here: Geocaching Chat Room

If you want to use an IRC client, you can use:

irc.openprojects.net #Geocache to get in the room.

Organized chats are Monday from 8:30 PM CST until whenever.

The room is always open. Most evenings have some activitiy. If nothing else, Mopar seems to always be in there, saving his spot on the wall. icon_smile.gif

---------------

Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

Click here: Geocaching Chat Room

If you want to use an IRC client, you can use:

irc.openprojects.net #Geocache to get in the room.

Organized chats are Monday from 8:30 PM CST until whenever.

The room is always open. Most evenings have some activitiy. If nothing else, Mopar seems to always be in there, saving his spot on the wall. icon_smile.gif

---------------

Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

quote:
Originally posted by macro:

Mopar...Where the heck have you been?

Combination Rock awaits!

Working my booty off! Any I *WAS* playing that "other" GPS game, but that requires even more time then this, so I had to stop.

Actually, after the last 3 months of 10-12+ hour long days, and the last week of 10hr long days working out in a heat index of 105°F, my boss was implying I wasnt working hard enough, so I just said "ok" and walked off the job. Been using company truck so I left that and walked the 10 miles or so home. Gee, its nice to have a day off and catch up on the forums :

Illegitimus non carborundum!

Speaking of the chatroom, I just returned from having breakfast with the wandering founder, Mr. ClayJar himself. He was passing through on his way to Chicago. His mind was somewhat gone from the long drive, and I'm taking bets that it will be COMPLETELY gone following his attempt at "Hard as Pi" this weekend.

Great meeting you, CJ! Keep in touch!

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again."

Mt. 13:44

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

He's doomed. He'll also be stopping by the http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=13991 in search of bacon. Then on to Wisconsin I believe.

ClayJar's info in the chatroom:

ClayJar_BQ3 is ~clayjar@ip68-11-139-208.br.no.cox.net * ClayJar

ClayJar_BQ3 on #geocache

ClayJar_BQ3 using irc.openprojects.net http://www.openprojects.net/

ClayJar_BQ3 is away: "BaconQuest III: Bacon + Cheese = PI" is now officially underway.

ClayJar_BQ3 has been idle 20hrs 31mins 58secs, signed on Thu Jun 27 14:37:59

ClayJar_BQ3 End of /WHOIS list.

Illegitimus non carborundum!

[/list