Is there a way to combine waypoint LOC files without losing data?

PastorDIC

Yup. Open it as a text file, copy everything from the left angle bracket at WAYPOINT to the right angle bracket at /WAYPOINT.

Paste same between the last waypoint right angle bracket, and the left angle bracket of /LOC.

They say this universe is bound to blow,

I say we crank up the Calypso Control!

~Jimmy Buffett

~Someday I Will~

Thanks also because I tried EasyGPS for Groundspeak. It will let you add comments and change the icon to Cache Found, but will not let you import waypoints from other LOC files.

I tried GPS Babel, and it combined LOC files, but deleted the comments I entered with EasyGPS for Groundspeak, and changed the icons back to default.

In some cases I would like to add reference points I know about without manually adding them every time.

I would also like to make a LOC file of all my successful cache finds with comments on specifics of finding the cache in case I want to return.

I am researching geocaching waiting for my first GPS.

icon_frown.gif

I open the text file and it is computer gibberish when edited by EasyGPS, so there is no place to paste the information in to:

TerraByte Location File Copyright 2002 TopoGrafix

WGCGBHZBlack Fish Trouble by Chirpz geocache„É cyé&1äF@d@¤ß¾¢^À http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCGBHZ Cache Details f ÿWGCGC4R$30,000 Wonder! by Chirpz & Mrs Chirpz geocache„V cNqöá3äF@d£n7®l¢^À http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCGC4R Cache Details f ÿWGS16Crawford geocache„V c披ÊæF@d0[wóž^À geocache geocache f ÿWGS38Scotton Corner geocache„V cƒi>"âF@dÎé K¢^À geocache geocache f ÿ

If you do it by hand it needs to be opened with a text editor, like Notepad.

If using windows, click once on the LOC file to highlight it. holding down the LEFT shift key, right click on the file. Select OPEN WITH...

Select Notepad, Winword, or some other text editor. I do not reccommend using MSWord or any other Rich Text Formating editor.

They say this universe is bound to blow,

I say we crank up the Calypso Control!

~Jimmy Buffett

~Someday I Will~

The easiest way is to do it within EasyGPS. If you open multiple .loc files in EasyGPS, then click on "window", then "tile"; all the files show at once in the EasyGPS screen. Then simply highlight the waypoints you want to move and drag them all to one tile/file.

We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing!