Blind and special sauce stained....

JamesJM

That's how I normally approach geocaching.

Blind because my eyesight for reading is HORRIBLE. And I HATE glasses. So as I'm driving I am, most likely, the biggest threat on the highway. I'm juggling my sunglasses and reading glasses while balancing my GPS, (in my hand because the stupid window mount is worthless), and my Big Mac with a super-sized diet coke that will NOT fit into my cup holder. You don't want to meet me on the road.

Other annoyances - forgoing the window mount that only mildly sucks I have to place my GPS on the dash for reception - which then dances from side to side and off the dash like Mary Lou Retton on uppers. When it comes to GPS's residing on dashes the ole' standby "For every action..."...needs to be changed to "For every action there is a disproportionately and completely 'ludicrous defying all physical laws' reaction".

I've only been geocaching for about 3 or 4 months...and yet, in all that time, NOT ONCE have I ever guessed right and been in the right lane to turn off to the cache I'm seeking.

And another AMAZING and defying all logical explanation law of geocaching - they are NEVER on the side of the Freeway you are traveling on.

I have a cousin to whom NONE of the above applies. He's so incredibly efficient that he has never experienced ANY of my problems...he worked them all out. He reads manuals. He bought cup-holder adaptors to compensate. I hate his guts. - JamesJM

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

And still you geocache. I think you really love to hate all that and so you will keep coming back for more.

Ya think? icon_wink.gif

Notice my self-controlled and tactful non-use of the term "Duh"! icon_biggrin.gif

You are right, of course, RK. I love every minute of it. - JamesJM

quote:
Originally posted by Squrl:

Geocaching for me is kinda like golf. I suck at it but keep doing for some reason. I've been golfing since I was 12, I hope it doesn't take as long to be a geocacher.

Nah... it's nothing at all like golf. I don't dig ditches with my GPSr.

Cheers!

TL

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

quote:
Originally posted by TotemLake:

...Nah... it's nothing at all like golf...

Then why is it that golfing or caching I'm always in the rough?

In golf you're trying to stay out of it and in caching, you are deliberately going into it. icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers!

TL