How does a person change "Username" on Geocaching.com???

Guest gmagers

Guest gmagers

Just want to know if I change my username on my "Modify my account" page, will it also change all my logs and finds and etc...? If not, how would I re-log my finds? I don't want to have 2 logs on the same cache and I don't think that would be fair to the owner either. Can I even do this?!?!?! There are so many more appealing names than the one I have now.

------------------

"Because I said SO"

Guest madphatboy2

ginal better) But I was successful in doing it. If your worried about messing with someone(s mind) then just drop them a line as to what your intetions are.

------------------

MPB2

I wander from here to there looking for. . .my mind? And then I find it in the cache.

Guest WaylandersMA

Your log in name cannot be changed. gmagers is good. At least you're not "totalosernewbielostinthewoods".Fun for awhile but it might get old.

------------------

Paul M

Guest madphatboy2

waylandersMA post confused me because i knew i did it before. I tried it again and it worked just fine. So yes, you can change your user name.

------------------

MPB2

I wander from here to there looking for. . .my mind? And then I find it in the cache.

Guest seadog16yrs

Where was this thread a few hours ago? I had the same question earlier. Did a search and read somewhere else that only Jeremy could change your username. So I wrote him and asked. He said, "Just login and visit your "my cache page" - there you can change your account information, including your username." Worked fine! Changed all my logs and kept my placed caches. But, It seems you have to register your new login name here in the forums.

Guest gmagers

Awesome.... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Thanks for doing the legwork and asking Jeremy. I didn't want to intrude on his already busy life with something I thought could be answered here. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

------------------

"Because I said SO"

Guest gmagers

Awesome.... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Thanks for doing the legwork and asking Jeremy. I didn't want to intrude on his already busy life with something I thought could be answered here. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

------------------

"Because I said SO"

Guest YaesuMan

ok.

http://www.geocaching.com/

login

your cache page

"change your acount information"

Pick a username to use with this account.*

This is the name that you will be known as on the site and log entries.

Modify your account

validate

done

------------------

I do radio.

Anything that is radio.

Yes, GPS is radio.

GO HAM RADIO!

You have bumped an eight year old thread. The website features have changed a bit since then. Here is a Knowledge Book article that answers the question 'how to change your user name."

If you are really looking for 'my cache page' it's been renamed 'your profile page', and has many more options on it than the older version.