New Virtual Cache for Everyone...

Guest Buck8Point

Guest Dutchboy

This sounds like fun, and I intend to do it. But I will be surprised if Jeremy does not archive it. He already archived one cache similar to this one. One where you were supposed to log your favorite town gathering place. He said it did not meet criteria for a valid cache.

Guest Buck8Point

WHAT???

I did this cache because I have had several disabled people contact me about Geocaching, and I figured this would be an easy one for them to log, plus the fact it might give us all a chance to get to know each other on here a little.

In my opinion, both valid reasons for a cache.

------------------

Buck8Point

"If I can't fix it, It's definately Broke."

I think it's a neat concept - and the fact that folks must visit physical locations, albeit different locations, seems appropriate for a cache.

btw, is it contradictory to be a dentist in Plaquemine? icon_wink.gif

I think it's a neat concept - and the fact that folks must visit physical locations, albeit different locations, seems appropriate for a cache.

btw, is it contradictory to be a dentist in Plaquemine? icon_wink.gif

Guest whidbeywalk

t>

If I remember correctly, the one that was archived was based mostly on businesses where people enjoyed gathering. I think the basis for that decision was to keep the commercial aspect out of geocaching. This cache has no commercial aspect. Besides it sounds fun!

I really hope this is not archived. I like the idea of this cache, and the intent is clearly pure. In a way it reminds me of the "Street Sign" in the series MASH....with an arrow pointing to everyones home town. This cache could indeed become a classic!

Thanks for thinking it up.

~macro~

Guest breaktrack

Hmmmm, I only have one problem, which "hometown" to log.... is there some kind of procedure to narrow down a whole list of locations for us former Army Brats? LOL.

Born in the Navy hospital in San Diego, but, haven't been back there since 57'. Would be difficult to log it corrrectly from out home in Germany for three years, cost too much to make the trip nowadays...

So I have a choice of Sweetwater, TX, Eminence, MO, Biloxi, MS, Denver, CO, Waukegan, IL, Highlands, NJ, Daleville, AL,

Graham, TX, Clarksville, TN, Odessa, TX, St. Louis, MO, Austin, TX, Midland, TX, Bad Kreuznach, Germany, Mineral Wells, TX, Fort Campbell, KY, Roosevelt Roads Naval Station, PR, and Orlando, FL!

Or, can I log them all???? As I get around to it, of course.... oh, and all of those were before I turned 18 and joined the service myself... and I might have forgotten one or two, like the fact we moved two other times just in New Jersey... sheesh. Four different times in 5th grade alone. So I've got some loggin to do!!

This is a great idea, but you have created a LOT of work and travel for me in order to do it right, LOL.

Thanks for a new idea, and a new trip I can take the kids on, show then where their dad "grew up", well, sorta anyway....

------------------

Single dad looking for, dang, what the heck was I looking for again??? Where's my GPS?

Guest Buck8Point

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

Great idea Buck8Point ... personally I can't wait to see the photos ... this could be interesting.

Thanks Hawk-eye...

Im Hoping that Anders will be the 1st International Cacher to log a find.... icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Buck8Point

Guest Buck8Point

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

Great idea Buck8Point ... personally I can't wait to see the photos ... this could be interesting.

Thanks Hawk-eye...

Im Hoping that Anders will be the 1st International Cacher to log a find.... icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Buck8Point

Guest Buck8Point

Thanks for all the nice comments regarding this cache.

Anyone planning on logging it please note that I have added a few lines to the Description to make it easier for people to understand what information is required for a FIND log.

Down the line as the cache gets more logs, I will be putting together a map with the coordinates of all the hometown signs from the logs.

I think it will be interesting.

Again, thanks

Buck8Point

------------------

Buck8Point

Guest Buck8Point

Wow!!!

Here is a list of the Places that People have so far logged as thier Hometowns.

Embi - Ballarat, Victoria, Australia - S 37°27.403 E 143°51.787

Ralph2201 - Hilversum, Netherlands - N 52°14.548 E 005°09.674

Borina_2000 - Port Vincent, Louisiana, USA - N 30°19.968 W 090°51.043

Anton - Syracuse, New York, USA - N 43°02.985 W 76°08.955

GeorgeandMary - Patterson, California, USA - N 37°28.591 W 121°16.500

Bunkerdave - Spanish Fork, Utah, USA - N 40°07.553 W 111°39.283

So Far so good folks...

Lets see more Hometowns...

------------------

Buck8Point

Guest Buck8Point

I put together a html table with the results of the Find logs submitted so far to the Hometown (Where Yall From) Cache.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/15791_500.htm

In the table are links to the individual Log and Pics.

I would like to also put together a world map

that I can plug the coordinates of all the Hometowns into, so People can track the cache log progress.

Can anyone suggest a worldmap that I can easily do this with?

Thanks.

------------------

Buck8Point

Guest Buck8Point

Again...

Could anyone suggest a worldmap I can plug the Welcome sign cordinates into.

I think it would be interesting to see.

------------------

Buck8Point

Guest Buck8Point

Surely there must be a world map somewhere that I can plug all the log coordinates into.

I want a worldmap to show all the coordinates on one page.

Here is a table of the logs ive collected so far.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/15791_1000.htm

If anyone can think of something that will work, i'd appreciate the heads up.

Thanks

------------------

Buck8Point