Raiders fan

Maverix

Well after I got over the BLOW-OUT I was thinking back that there was a commerical that was so FUNNY, and GPS related too.

It was a spoof on "Castaway". In it, an actor who looks similar to Tom Hanks — the movie's star — shows up to deliver a package. He explains to the woman who answers the door that he has been stranded on an island, but that he is a FedEx employee, and now that he has returned to the mainland, he is determined to finish his work.

After he asks, the woman tells him what was in the package. The ex-castaway is stunned when she gives him the rundown.

"The package is filled with a GPS, a satellite phone, a water purifier, a mess kit — everything you'd need if you were stranded on an island,"

when that commercial came on. I had, no kidding, ten calls within the course of fifteen minutes, each of my friends making sure that I knew that the letters "G" "P" and "S" were all announced on television in that order and in the proper context. They all called me a geek. I informed them, in response, that I would never, NEVER, use GPS technology to rescue them if they happened to be on an island WITH a GPSr, satellite phone and the rest of the whatnots in the FedEx package, but that I would seduce their wives in their absence.

Geeks rule!

Always wear proper caching safety equipment!

60748_1200.jpg

Oakland doesn't deserve a winning team in the Superbowl until the thousands of thugs who poured into the streets for the second weekend in a row learn how to act in a civilized society. They've got a serious image problem - especially when they wonder why there is such a problem "steroetyping" Oakland and the residents.

Of course, "real fans" say that they aren't "real fans" doing the damage. That makes it okay. icon_rolleyes.gif

It's a hoot - the Raiders don't even give a dadgum about "partaking" in any local "Superbowl Party." That outta make the "real fans" feal "real special."

If I were "trapped" in that jungle I'd turn my GPS on and project a way point miles away from that "GeoTrache Site." icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif That would be my "goto" with the highest priority! icon_wink.gif

If you hide it, they will come.

Grandmaster Cache

Tank at: FISH WHISPERER'S LAGOON