headed for Banff

I'm not sure you can download non-Garmin data into their GPSs. The best I've been able to do here in Calgary is to use the Canadian Mapsource CD. YOu can preview the detail on Garmin's website. There is no Topo data and the street detail is something to be desired in the metro areas other than what is covered on the CD (Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa). If you are planning on any type of hiking a good quality paper map will be a necessity and I highly recomennd the Gemtrek series (www.gemtrek.com) the quality of the maps are excellent! PS. There are some very difficult caches at the summit of a couple of Banff landmark mountians. Good Luck!

The basemap in the 76S I'm guessing is going to be the same as in the Legend and the Vista. MAJOR roads are there and some of the waterways. It's better than nothing but I suppliment with Streets and Trips (Pocket version on a WinCE device) for the urban areas. I have yet to interface my GPS with the PDA. As for Canadain Topo data I'm unaware of any way of getting it into the GPS. From whatI've been able to see the Gemtrek maps are the best for the Banff/JAsper/Kananaskis areas.