eTrex Vista and Legend Trip Computer

Is it my imagination, or does the eTrex Vista have fewer pieces of information available in it's trip computer than the Legend? (e.g., Velocity Made Good seems to be missing in the Vista.

Comparing the two side-by-side in the store, I saw that the Legend had software version 2.3x, while the Vista had a 2.1x something or 2.0x something. Is there something to this?

Warm regards,

Firefishe

196939_600.gif

Are you still comparing? THis has to be the thirtieth topic you started on comparing units. You're just going to get yourself confused again. I thought you made up your mind to buy a specific product!! Just do it already! Scheesch!

Alan

quote:
Originally posted by Alan2:

Are you still comparing? THis has to be the thirtieth topic you started on comparing units. You're just going to get yourself confused again. I thought you made up your mind to buy a specific product!! Just do it already! Scheesch!

Alan

Alan...

Yes, I'm *still* comparing. I just need a reply to the question re: The Trip Computer in the Legend vs. The Vista. I start many threads to answer many questions.

Thank you,

Firefishe

196939_600.gif

In all likelihood, it is just an issue with the firmware update. They will have different version numbers for different models, so you cannot judge solely on the version id.

In any event, it is probable that whatever unit you buy, will have an older version of the firmware and you may want to upgrade anyway. Upgrading the firmware is very easy.

Regarding specific questions about various units, why not just phone Garmin directly? They are very helpful in regards to answering pre-sales questions, toll free to boot!

They will be able to answer all your questions in a fraction of time it me to compose this post.

The current version of Legend firmware is 2.38 and Vista is 2.26. The Vista is a later developed product so when it was introduced it gained from Legend thus few updates to the firmware. The firmware releases for both models are usually released at same time. On earlier question on trip computer, with the Vista you can select and change what data you want to show including Velocity Made Good. These fields can also be changed on the map and navigation screens. I don't think you will find anything missing from the Vista that is included with the Legend.

Bruce