Problem with eTrex Legend screen flicker when in backlight mode?

GeoDoozer

My Legend is a little over two weeks old, but I noticed last night....and now it's getting worse.....that I have a bad screen flicker when in backlight mode.

I think I read something about this on one of the forums but I can't find it.

What are my options? Is there some setting I need to adjust (It does it regardless of the contrast level)? Or does the unit have to be replaced? Can I get the retail store (Walmart) to replace it or do I have to ship back to Garmin? Can I get Garmin to ship me a new one before I return this one? I can't live more than a day or two without it, especially with a weekend coming up ;-)

++++> GeoDoozer <++++

This is the infamous display connector problem. Far too frequent with the eTrex units, unfortunately. Sometimes the display gets stripes, sometimes yuor problem occurs.

No, Garmin is not likely to give you another unit in advance, but they are rather quick in returning or exchanging faulty units. In a shop they may be able to exchange it for a new one immediately.

By the way, is human existence with only one GPS possible?? icon_biggrin.gif

Anders

I'm sure that Walmart will exchange the unit with no questions asked, however, the replacment unit will likely get the display problem eventually anyway.

I suggest you go ahead an send the one you've got back to Garmin and get the display fixed with a new screen that does not have this design flaw.

Garmin eTrex Vista, Legend, and GPSmap 162 with Bluecharts/Fishing Hotspots/POI/Road & Rec

Ducks - flying geocaches of meat