EasyGPS showing text

Tubby Rower

quote:
Originally posted by Tubby Rower:

Also is there a way to change all of the icons on a given list at one time or do you have to go into each one to change it?

This is better done with an external program, like G7ToWin. Upload the waypoints to it. Change one of the waypoints to the icon you want. Make that your reference waypoint. Select the other waypoints you want to change, then select the option to change all the selected waypoints icons to be the same as the reference waypoint. Send 'em back to the GPS. It sounds more complicated that it really is.

3608_2800.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Tubby Rower:

I like the g7toWin program a little better, but it won't allow me to have a waypoint start with a space. icon_mad.gif

It'll allow a space in the middle but not at the beginning.

Sure it does.

When you're adding waypoints in G7ToWin, when you click the Save button, it add the waypoint to the list, but the data you entered remains. The idea is that instead of having to rekey everything for the next waypoint, you just have to alter what needs to be changed. It selects the first entry field (the waypoint), ready for your entry. Because it's selected, and because the entry box is still displayed, it can look like it's not accepting your input, and is highlighting the error. But that's not what's going on. Try it, and you'll see. Try using the Save Wpt & Exit button instead of just Save Wpt and it's a bit more obvious.

When I tried uploading a waypoint with leading spaces to my Vista, the spaces were converted to hyphens. Don't know if that was G7ToWin doing that, or the Vista. But if you're just using a space to get them to show up at the top of the list, the hyphen will do that too.

3608_2800.gif

I use a "+" sign for geocaches that I haven't found yet and change the + to a space after finding them. In the Garmin 72, when selecting a waypoint by name it won't cycle through the ones with the space. You can select them but you have to select another waypoint and scroll to it.

There is a setting in the G7toWin program that allows spaces and other "odd" characters, but the program trims the leading space if the 1st character of the waypoints name is a space. I will only use the space on stuff that is already downloaded, but I already have some that have been found and just manually switched them.

Thanks

kc

row, row, row your boat