Looking for a GPS thats suits me

arlid

I'm going to buy a GPS.

I would like to be able to connect it to a portable computer and External Antenna. Use it in cars, boats and on my pedalbike. It does not need to be graphic cinse I whant to connect it to a computer. It shall work not only horizontal. Must also work well without eccessories.

Thank for your help icon_smile.gif

Patrik Arlid

I presently have a Garmin GPS V unit. These units accept all types of map data including marine maps. The unit also offers turn by turn driving directions. It it a great all around unit as they have many accessories including a marine mount as well as a handlebar mount. If you are interested, I have them for sale at a great discounted price. I only sell what I use. Any questions? Email me at seige02@aol.com. Thanks!

Hello,

I too, have a Garmin GPS v. One capability of the Garmin units (I can speak for the Garmin III and V models) is to output their tracking data in real time through the computer-to-GPS cable. Using this cable, and setting the GPS to output mode, the GPS tracking data is uploaded to the computer in real time. Now, all you have left to do is find software that will accept the GPS bit stream. I have ExpertGPS, and it will show an icon generated from the GPS that tracks on all of their maps overlays including their satellite photo maps - which was incredible to see when it first came up on my notebook's screen.

Bruce