Map software for marking Local Caches

This has probably been posted before but - I'm interested in getting some mapping software to log found and yet to be found caches for Georgia. I'm using EasyGPS right now for my Garmin Venture but would love to have detailed maps of more than 1 cache location. I have XP and saving money is more important than having TOPO features. Essentially, I would like to plan my trips for geocaching and print out directions also but the priority is just plotting out caches I have found and not found.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

icon_cool.gif

[This message was edited by RedWingBlackBird on March 24, 2003 at 06:46 PM.]

I'm one of those people who use Microsoft Streets & Trips. Use GeoBuddy to open your .loc files and then save it as Streets and Trips CSV file. Now import it into S&T. You can have different sets of files to import and use a different icon or color to differentiate between caches you've found and not found or whatever else you want. Also, when your on-line, double-clicking on an icon will show the link to the cache page which you can click on to go right to the page. Here's a couple examples.

16043_300.jpg

16043_400.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by RedWingBlackBird:

I'm using ExpertGPS right now for my Garmin Venture but would love to have detailed maps of more than 1 cache location. I have XP and saving money is more important than having TOPO features. Essentially, I would like to plan my trips for geocaching and print out directions also but the priority is just plotting out caches I have found and not found.

I think I'm missing something...what doesn't ExpertGPS do for you in this area? It would seem you could keep one file for found, and one for not found...very easy to transfer waypoints between the two files within ExpertGPS. Better yet, get a charter membership so you can get pocket queries: one for caches you have found and one for those you haven't.

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt

I've got exactly what you're looking for: CacheMaps.

With CacheMaps you import all caches you want, sort them, filter them, show them on a user-selectable AreaMap, find online maps, connect to applications and GPSr, view all cacheinfo offline, add or import Found status and much more.

See my homepage for more details and let me know what you think of it.

BigBird icon_smile.gif

-- there is no spoon --