Loading GPX files into iPAQ 5555

I just purchased an iPAQ 5555 (Pocket PC 2003), loaded GPXView v1.1.2 and set up a query in GPX format. After copying the resulting GPX file to the unit (just dragged and dropped it), I tried to pull the file up, but received a "load failed" message. I re-downloaded the GPX file and tried again to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Scott

Founding member of Bushwacker's Local 5150

Renegade, thanks for your reply.

I didn't load it into EasyGPS. Just saved the GPX query file from e-mail onto my PC, then dragged it over to the iPAQ. I'm going to try it with a different e-mail program tonight.

Founding member of Bushwacker's Local 5150

That's strange... I have an iPaq 1945 and also use GpxView all the time. Like you, I also copy the pocket query file directly from the email to the iPaq (usually via the SD card). The caches show right up in GpxView. The only problem is that GpxView has an issue with bitmaps under PPC 2003 but that's another story...

In your case, it seems that the file is getting mangled somehow. By any chance, are you having ActiveSync run the file through some conversion? If that's the case, disable the automatic conversion of GPX files and try again.

Hope this helps.

82972_1100.jpg

Interesting. I allways dragged it directly into the PDA directory on my local hard drive. This indirectly copied it to the PDA and so if it convereted the file I never saw it.

-=(GEO)=- Good to know about PPC 2003 as I was just about to fork over the money and upgrade. Since my goal is the software it looks like it's worth holding off on.

For what it's worth I emailed the author of gpx view and he said he would look at the problem as soon as he got his PDA running 2003.

It's still usable on 2003 but it's annoying as heck. I can't wait for a fix!

-------------------------------------

Hope is the destination that we seek.

Love is the road that leads to hope.

Courage is the motor that drives us.

We travel out of darkness into faith.

-=The Book Of Counted Sorrows=-