Magellan Green

http://www.electrified.com/catalog/itemdetails.asp?CategoryID=68&ItemID=815

OK $127 for a new Magellan Meridian GREEN, (shipping wt. = 7 POUNDS?)

Pros and cons on this unit/price?

Jeff Scism, IBSSG http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com/

Is it more important to know what you are talking about,

or more important to talk about what you know?

the seeking is in the knowing

and not where you've been

Travelling is the going

isn't learning Keen

I picked one of these up from Outpost.com a few months back to replace an older Magellan and don't regret it one bit. The base map detail is an issue to some as compared to the higher Meridian models but when you add MapSend Topo to the unit, there is no difference between them for what we use it for when you zoom in past the base map level of detail. If you shop around you can get the maps for around $60 to $80 and then add an SD card for $35.

The $50 rebate from Magellan is still in effect (if you ever get it - I have been waiting for more than 2 months!), your total cost is under $200 for a phenomenal GPS system.

Hope this helps.

Team PATHer

I bought mine from GPS on Sale . Magellan is running a $50 rebate on this unit. Check on the website. My price, after rebate including Mapsend Streets was $139.99. I had it shipped UPS 3 day and that was about $14 to Massachusetts. GPS on Sale is located in California, so your shipping may vary. It also depends on how fast you want the unit and what you are willing to pay to ship it.

Check the threads. I just read one that said Comp USA is selling a large SD card for short money. You don't have to buy a genuine Magellan SD card. I have a Lexmark that is working just fine.

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Henny Youngman (1906 - 1998)icon_cool.gif

There is no rebate on the meridian yellow or green, even though everyone repeats it.

Here is the rebate text:

"$50 rebate on Meridian Platinum, Meridian Gold,Meridian Marine, Meridian Color, SporTrak Color, SporTrak Pro, SporTrak Map and SporTrak Pro Marine.

$25 rebate on select MapSend software*.

$75 rebate for a mapping GPS unit and mapping software purchase. Offer valid between February 27, 2003 and June 29, 2003."

* does not include MapSend Streets

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif