navigation using a Meridian

DocW

Hi folks out there!

I've just bought a new GPSr, a Magellan MeriGold, which exchanges my Garmin III plus. The Gold is the superiour GPSr in any discipline, but there is one thing, where I have a problem with:

If I go out caching and have to navigate in the mid-distance (3-20km apart from the location) normally I am using the map page. The Garmin offers on this page also a little arrow to help you remind the general direction, while using the road display to select the right crossing etc.

Unfortunately, I can't find this feature on the Gold, it has a map page, but no little compass on that page, I allway have to switch between the big compass page and the map page.

So my question to you guys:

Is this special feature something, which Mr. Garmin has patented?

How do you get along with this situation?

Do you have a need to get along with it?

Is there some function, which I didn't find?

Thx Wulf

Yeahh!! You are right!!!

This is the sentence:

7. Added a feature to draw a second line from current position to destination after an "GOTO" or "route" is activated.

So I just went outside (Here in Germany it is already pitch dark, its damned cold, windy and rainy: in summary perfect weather for checking the equipment)

Its on the Map-Setup, Display menu, there you now can choose between two types of lines: Start to destination and position to destination.

YEPPP! THIS is the feature I was looking for!

I was really thinking of taking the unit back to the store.

Thx and keep on hunting for stash!

Wulf