Ram mounts

cache magnet

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Magnet:

I just bought a ram suction mount for my gps v and I was wondering If anyone else uses one, suction or otherwise. If so what do you think? Is it sturdy enough to hold during erratic driving?

http://www.geocities.com/policeclipart/Vehicles/copcar15.gif

The only time mine has fallen off is while being parked. A GPS V makes quite a THUD from the windshield to the floor board.

I started winding the power cord around my steering wheel collum, so instead of a (thud) I should get a (swing) next time it happens.

I do like my RAM Mount but keep the dust off the cup. icon_smile.gif

~Honest Value Never Fails~

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Magnet:

I just bought a ram suction mount for my gps v and I was wondering If anyone else uses one, suction or otherwise. If so what do you think? Is it sturdy enough to hold during erratic driving?

http://www.geocities.com/policeclipart/Vehicles/copcar15.gif

The only time mine has fallen off is while being parked. A GPS V makes quite a THUD from the windshield to the floor board.

I started winding the power cord around my steering wheel collum, so instead of a (thud) I should get a (swing) next time it happens.

I do like my RAM Mount but keep the dust off the cup. icon_smile.gif

~Honest Value Never Fails~

This has come up before, much like my breakfast. icon_eek.gif

I was having the same problem a couple months ago and on the advice given, I wet the suction cup (don't go there) and it hasn't fallen off yet.

The great thing about the suction cup mount (I have the Garmin V) is that it holds your unit (hey!, don't go there I said!) firmly enough for you to push those stiff buttons. You'ld have to chase the beanbag mount all over the dashboard.

If your house catches afire, and there aint no water around,

Throw your jelly out the window; let the dog-gone shack burn down.

**Huddie Ledbetter**

This has come up before, much like my breakfast. icon_eek.gif

I was having the same problem a couple months ago and on the advice given, I wet the suction cup (don't go there) and it hasn't fallen off yet.

The great thing about the suction cup mount (I have the Garmin V) is that it holds your unit (hey!, don't go there I said!) firmly enough for you to push those stiff buttons. You'ld have to chase the beanbag mount all over the dashboard.

Throw your jelly out the window; let the dog-gone shack burn down.

**Huddie Ledbetter**