Got to be a way to map a cemetery.

I visited Oakwood Cemetery in Montgomery, AL to do research. Thought I could use a pen and pad to draw a map of this cemetery.When I got there the cemetery consisted of 150 acres! Noway! How can I use a gps to do this? What software? Any site on the internet that when coordinates are entered, position is shown on an aerial photo? Example for this postion: N 32° 23.010 W86° 17.807. Any thoughts?

You might try ExpertGPS by TopoGrafix. It is the big brother of EasyGPS. It can plot tracks and waypoints on topo maps or aerial photos (and, of course, receive waypoints from the geocaching.com website!!). I think there is a two week free evaluation period, so you should be able to determine if it will work for you or not for this cemetery mapping project. The website is http://www.topografix.com/products.asp

Alchemist2000

CWR,

Many cemetaries have maps. If you haven't looked into it, see if there is an office on cemetary property, or nearby. They might have some basic maps for you.

This is more likely if the cemetary in question is somewhat of an attraction with some famous people buried there.

Jamie