City select question

Mightym

The detailed maps themselves will be available, even if you don't send the autorouting attributes with the map. It's just the autorouting trick that doesn't work.

And no, there will not be any autorouting in units which doesn't support it, regardless of which maps you download to these units. Like the Vista.

This also explains why the user can't load that much map info into the GPS V as into a GPSMAP 76S or a Vista. All units have a 32 MB map memory and an 8 MB basemap, but that map in the GPS V is routeable, hence it requires an additional 5 MB for the routing information. That leaves 19 MB for the user, not 24 MB as with the other units.

Anders

quote:
Originally posted by ChiefPig:

Where did you find the "include route calculation data" option? I tried uploading maps to my GPS V for the first time last nite but did not notice this option.

Under the Tab, Maps. In lower left-hand corner.

Not sure but believe I unchecked that and tried it one time and seems like it didn't upload local street names, had default names/numbers - but not sure. Haven't unchecked it since icon_smile.gif

Bill