Meridian GPS for beginner?

I just ordered a Meridian GPS from Outpost.com for $129, which I thought was an excellent price even though it's been discontinued. As a beginning Geocacher, will it have any shortcomings that I should watch out for? I did a search here and had trouble narrowing down my results so I thought I try the direct route ;-)

DANG.....

A few months ago I paid $220 for a Meridian GPS. Discontinued???....... Oh well......

Unit is pretty good, I have no faults with it!. Been using it a few months how. Unit usually has gotten me to within 10 feet of cache I was searching for.

There is software upgrades, if you unit is not current (version 4.02) you can download the software from Magellan site and do the upgrade your self.

Just remember to use something like EasyGPS to save any waypoints or routes you have stored in unit you want to keep, the upgrade wipes memory clean and you will be starting over with initialization and custom settings.

Dale

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Diagonally Parked, In A Parallel Universe.

--------------------------------------------------------

That's a great price, and with the expandable memory card you can download detailed maps that make the green almost as useful as the higher-enmd meridians.

But I haven't heard anything about being discontinued...where did you hear that? I didn't see any mention on a quick scan at outpost.com, and Magellan still has it on their web site.

Don't get even - get odd

I think what happened is that those sites probably had it listed for too low a price (ie the Fry's/Outpost.com $99 Merigreen), and to correct the price, they have to discontinue the item number they have it under in their own database, and re-enter the item with a NEW item number. So the old number is still in the system, but shows discontinued....

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

http://www.ttora-ne.mainpage.net/