Topo Vs. Streets

I have searched the site but don't seem to find the specific answer I am looking for. I seem to be seeing that the Mapsend TOPO also has street level information. Is it as specific as the Mapsend Streets version. I have a 4X4 and would like the TOPO information, but mostly would use it for GEOCACHING on surface streets. Which version would you purchase given this info?

Thanks in advance!

Get TOPO, it has all the streets as mapsend Streets. TOPO also has some more trails and other roads that streets does not. Mapsend Steets was given away with the 330 so it is more basic. Mapsend Streets and Destination has the same roads as TOPO but it has diffrent POI's.

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

Unfortunately I only make it down to the San Diego area once or twice during football season. I live in Orange County but I appreciate the offer. I went ahead and ordered the Topo version since I found out there is a $50.00 rebate good until July 7th I figured that 20.00 for it wouldn't be bad if I don't like it. Do you use Topo alot, or is it more of a pain than it's worth. I am having a hard time deciding if I want to hook the laptop up to the truck or just do it at home and pluck in a few maps and go. I can't wait to get my first cache. I am going hunting tomorrow for it. Wish me luck.

quote:
Originally posted by SD Chargers Fan:

I went ahead and ordered the Topo version since I found out there is a $50.00 rebate good until July 7th I figured that 20.00 for it wouldn't be bad if I don't like it.

Where did you find this deal¿

Fro.

Geocaching . . . hiking with a purpose

I think I would have gotten the Meridan, just for the extra memory, I love my Gold. If you do exchange for A Meridian,I would get as large as a chip as I could afford 128 meg.? Plus a card reader they can be found for around $80.00 together.

A 16 meg chip will give you the Mexican border to just a little past LA from the coast to just a little past the Colorado river and then zoom down to 100 feet. Thats what I have on my 16meg chip. icon_smile.gif

All who look are not lost

I think I would have gotten the Meridan, just for the extra memory, I love my Gold. If you do exchange for A Meridian,I would get as large as a chip as I could afford 128 meg.? Plus a card reader they can be found for around $80.00 together.

A 16 meg chip will give you the Mexican border to just a little past LA from the coast to just a little past the Colorado river and then zoom down to 100 feet. Thats what I have on my 16meg chip. icon_smile.gif

All who look are not lost