Lowrance Anyone?

Does anyone else out there use Lowrance receivers? I've noticed that people sort of treat Garmin vs. Magellan in the same way rabid Nascar fans treat Ford vs. Chevy, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone even mention poor old Lowrance. I've been using a Lowrance Globalnav 200 for something like 6 years, and have been very happy with it. Simple, rugged, and accurate enough to get me home every time. I've just started using it for caching, and it seems accurate enough for that, too. My wife's brother has a yellow etrex, which seems a little better under trees, but other than that they seem comparable. Does anyone have any Lowrance reviews or stories? Has anyone hooked theirs up to a pc to upload/download waypoints? I've been thinking of attempting that, but don't know what I need, or if it is even possible. Just interested. - Mazdamattc

[This message was edited by mazdamattc on March 25, 2003 at 12:58 PM.]

This happens to everyone at least once. Fortunately, you can edit your message.

I don't own a Lowrance, but I was thinking about buying one the other day. I saw one hanging on a peg at my local Super Wal-Mart. It was about $150, took SD memory cards, and could hold 10,000 track points per each saved tracklog. Not bad! The screen resolution looked a little weak though.

Overall, pretty interesting little GPS receiver.

... frog.gif <—(frog?)