Getting a free GPS???

NWMOhunter

OK, pardon me if I'm asking a stupid question, but I was just searching eBay for GPS units when I saw a couple of auctions saying they were selling information on how to receive free electronics...including GPSr's. Can anyone tell me if this works? It seems hokey and I wouldn't mind paying $7 in order to get a bunch of free stuff, but knowing my luck I'd pay the money and then it either wouldn't work for me or I'd get a bunch of junk I can't use.

If anyone has any info or has used this before, please post up. I'd like to hear more info.

It's either a "matrix" scheme where 50 people have to be recruited (and pay) for each person to get a unit. e.g. 1 person registers pays $150 for some stupid free thing on the web, and the next 50 people that register end up earning that person $250+ item, the second person to get a prize needs to wait for 50 more people, etc... Mathematically speaking I think 98-96% who join this will never get an item.

Marketting scam, where you tell people (fraudulently) that you are going to be selling 1000's of their items, but you want a floor sample. This would be concidered mail fraud in the USA and is a felony.

My guess would be the marketing scam. It says you don't have to pay anything for the items and all that. They say it is legal, but then again I'm sure they'd say anything to make a few bucks.

I would research it Alphawolf, but I don't know what it is called to look up more info. Do you know where I would start or what it is called?

quote:
Originally posted by Tzan & Isbah:

Marketting scam, where you tell people (fraudulently) that you are going to be selling 1000's of their items, but you want a floor sample. This would be concidered mail fraud in the USA and is a felony.

You are correct!! This scam has been going on for a bit over a year.

If it sounds to good to be true......It probably is.

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

====================================

Thanks for the info Gaddiel! I'm sure that's probably what it is. I was very reluctant, but I'm sure there are some out there that think it is real and will go for it. Its sad to see that there are people out there who think this is cool and will do anything to get whatever they want for free. I'd like to see someone drop the hammer on these guys and nail them for what they're doing!