GPS III+ and Metro Guide ?

If you have Metroguide version 2.00 or 3.00 the answer is none, the maps ar all just under 8MB. You have 1.44MB on your III Plus.. If you have the 4.01 and turn off the auto route function you can find some maps that will fit. You would be much better off with Roads and Recreation for your III Plus.

Thanks for the reply. I already have R&R. Was looking to upgrade. I live an a rural area so maybe I can squeeze one on there. the 4.01 is the software version on the III+ right? Also the auto route function you mentioned about is it on the Metro Guide software or on the III+ its self? If it is on the III+ I did not know there was an auto route on the III+.

Thanks

Ben

quote:
If you have the 4.01 and turn off the auto route function you can find some maps that will fit.

Rocky is refering to the newest released version of the Metroguide software. The "chunks" of maps are broken into smaller areas than on previous releases. The autorouting is also found on this software, not on your Garmin. If you turn off this autorouting feature, the map data shrinks in size considerably. Some of these will now fit on your III+. I couldn't guess if they might actually be an aea you are interested in or not. Even if they are, you would only get one or two of them loaded in, and they would be an area that had very little data in it, meaning a very rural area.

7871_200.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Alphawolf:

Rocky is refering to the newest released version of the Metroguide software. The "chunks" of maps are broken into smaller areas than on previous releases. The autorouting is also found on this software, not on your Garmin.

That's pretty much what I was thinking but thank you for the clearification.

quote:
If you turn off this autorouting feature, the map data shrinks in size considerably. Some of these will now fit on your III+. I couldn't guess if they might actually be an aea you are interested in or not. Even if they are, you would only get one or two of them loaded in, and they would be an area that had very little data in it, meaning a very rural area.

That is all I really need for now on the III+ is one maybe two maps.

Thank You