GPS V & Aviation

av1atorbo

I plan on building maps for the mainland US. I broke up the country into 6 sections and have been using south central (Texas and all surrounding states) for developement. I have just finished what I think will allow searching for navaids and airports, I have the .img built and will load it when I get home Sunday and see if it works. I am finding the V is not well suited for this project, if I had the money I would buy a 176 which has better search features for things like navaids.

Right now it is just pretty pictures. I will try to get enough done to let it out on the internet and take requests for what should be added and what can be taken out, I am playing now with removing all SUA airspace except Warning, Restricted, and Prohibited areas. This would remove the MOAs and alert areas that take up a good bit of real estate. I manually removed a couple including A381 along the northern Gulf coast as it covered part of the IAH Class B.

I would also like to be able to include all intersections and maybe even airways. Only problem, the longer this drags out the more out of date my data becomes. I am currently working with about one year old stuff.

Scott

Biggest problem right now is setting the navs and apts so that they can be searched as POIs. Would be nice if you could build a route before flying, the software I use is a little unpredictable.

Ground school this week, hope to get back onto it next weekend.

Scott