Magellan 315 + Windows 2000?

Geode2

Hello all,

I've recently purchased a Magellan 315. It came with the 3.14 firmware, and I'm considering upgrading to 3.15 (mainly to fix the auto-averaging issue).

Thing is, I have Windows 2000. I do have a free serial port (I have a USB mouse, so the mouse port is free), but I wanted to make sure that I would be able to do the firmware update from Windows 2000 before I spend the money on a cable.

Does anybody have experience with the above combination? I searched the forums, but couldn't find anything specific.

Also, if I do purchase the cable, does anybody have suggestions of software to use with the Magellan? I mainly just want to keep track of waypoints, so I may just use something like EasyGPS, but if there are other recommendations (preferably free/shareware), I'd love to hear them.

Thanks a lot!

quote:
Originally posted by JDMC:

I have a Magellan 315 and Windows 2000, and have no problem with the combination.

I also have to recommend USAPhotoMaps, since I wrote it...

Thanks for the reply. I take it you've done firmware upgrade(s) from Windows 2000, and it's worked without problem?

Thanks for the software recommendation, but I don't think it'd work well for me (I'm in Canada, and the arial photos aren't available where I'm at).