Question about Magellan GPSr

NWMOhunter

Alright, last spring I sold my Garmin 12 with the intent of getting another unit. Things kept popping up and I haven't replaced it yet. I'm wanting to replace it in the near future, but I need some more info and I'm not sure where to find it.

A guy I know had the Merigreen which I thought was VERY cool, but comparing it to the 12 is about pointless. I've since seen the SportTrac line come out. Is this line replacing the Merigreen or just simply another unit?

Also, I was told that the Magellan software is better at like city maps and the Garmin software is better at like topo or "country" maps. Is this true or were they just comparing a street software to a topo software? My main uses will be for finding hunting and fishing spots (and the way back to the truck!) and for caching. I will have limited use for the city maps.

I've seen several posts saying the Merigreens were selling for like $120 or something like that. I thought maybe they were phasing out the green line and replacing them with the SportTrac line.

A friend has a new Garmin (can't remember which one) but I don't like the idea of not being able to upgrade the memory.

Thanks for the help!