Got My Sportrak back From Magellan

Well I got my sportrak Map back from Magellan today. I sent it out only last week. I was using the tracking number that I was given to watch when it arrived at Magellan. It arrived there on 5/9/03. They told me to ship it to Tulsa, Ok. In the manual it states to send to Calif. Who cares, I got it back. BTW the invoice says that they shipped it back out on 5/9/03 also!

They included an invoice that states what they did to it. It says that they replaced "the upper housing" and "uploaded the latest software 4.04"

They must of the part of the case that has the screen and buttons, because when i sent it in there was a very tiny mark on the screen and it is gone.

They also included several goodies along with it. They gave me carrying case for your belt, a cell phone like case with a clear front, a new data cable, new manuals, and get this the suction cup windsheild mount.

I have to say that I am impressed with what Magellan has done. They were very quick in turn around and they gave me FREE stuff. You can never go wrong with FREE stuff.

I haven't seen many posts about problems with Sportraks that had to be sent back, so I am hoping that this might have been a one time thing.

I am so happy now!! icon_biggrin.gif

Dennis

You have to give them credit for this side of the business. They seem very loose in acknowledging/responding to emails, and they also are hard to figure out in the way they release software/firmware upgrades. But in the US at least, repair turnaround is usually very fast and they typically throw some goodies in for your trouble. That's a good way to keep your customers happy...just wish that care carried through to the rest of customer interactions.

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt

I had to send my Sport Trak Pro off to Tulsa last week. I sent it on the 6th and paid the extra .45 cents to track it. It arrived in Tulsa on Friday the 9th. I called Thales support on Tue. and the had shipped it out on Monday. They gave me the UPS tracking number, so I've been checking it often. It was last seen in Commerce City, CO., I should get it back on Friday. I'm looking forward to finding goodies with it! icon_biggrin.gif

BTW I had dropped it and broke the face. I sent them a check with it for about $72.00.

Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.

I saw where this listed 4.04 as the newest software. I e-mailed magellan to see when they might be posting this on website for downloading... No reply from them to date.

Does anyone know what is new in 4.04 versus 4.03? Is there anyway to get 4.04 except waiting until Magellan posts it on their site?

quote:
Originally posted by Team Rand:

I saw where this listed 4.04 as the newest software. I e-mailed magellan to see when they might be posting this on website for downloading... No reply from them to date.

Does anyone know what is new in 4.04 versus 4.03? Is there anyway to get 4.04 except waiting until Magellan posts it on their site?

4.0.6 is now on Magellan's site.

---

LDR.