What does information does MapSource replace on Etrex Legend?

I just bought Etrex Legend. I got to the point where I was going to install some topo maps from the CD. Then it said, Warning, MapSource may override manufacturer installed components - or something like that. Before I upload MapSource, I want to know what its getting rid of and if I can get it back if need be. I don't want the installed basemap to be deleted because those roads are better than what is on the topo CD (an interstate in my area that has been around for at least 10 years is not shown on the topo CD!!).

Thanks... icon_confused.gif

quote:
Originally posted by cacheKidds:

I just bought Etrex Legend. I got to the point where I was going to install some topo maps from the CD. Then it said, Warning, MapSource may override manufacturer installed components - or something like that. Before I upload MapSource, I want to know what its getting rid of and if I can get it back if need be. I don't want the installed basemap to be deleted because those roads are better than what is on the topo CD (an interstate in my area that has been around for at least 10 years is not shown on the topo CD!!).

Thanks... icon_confused.gif

No worries,

If MapSource data is loaded to your GPSr, the unit's preloaded Marine POI database will be erased. You can download the file on the Garmin software udate page to recover this Marine POI database. If you currently have MapSource data loaded into your GPS unit, it will be erased and replaced with this POI database. So By this you see that everytime you load any map into the GPS any existing maps will be deleted.

15777_1900.gif