Help with gpx2html/plucker/palm IIIxe

I thought I had this sending cache descriptions to the palm, figured out.. I convert

the gpx file to html and then create a channel

so plucker will send it to the pda.

After the hot sync its on the Palm alright,but I get a

error message saying "This device cannot handle Zlib compressed documents." I played with the size to be compressed so it wouldnt compress at all but no change.

where have I gone wrong???

thanks

wingryder

When you installed plucker to your palm, there should have been an optional option to install zlib compression (a separate prc) at the same time. You need to have this on your palm if you want to uncompress/view zlib-compressed documents.

Zlib should be in one of the plucker directories (pluckersyszlib.prc) or you can download it separately from http://www.gzip.org/zlib/ and install it to your palm...

quote:
Originally posted by dustyjacket:

Can someone please markwell a thread or other source that explains the whole process of plucking and whatever to use the alternatives to mobipocket?

I'm not sure if there's a thread on here, but fizzy's gpx2html page describes the process:

http://home.attbi.com/~fizzymagic/gpx2html.html

And here is where you can download plucker:

http://www.plkr.org/index.plkr

What I did to get it to work on FreeBSD:

1. Compiled Plucker with wxWindows (if you're using Microsoft Windows then you can download a binary installable version)

2. Used the plucker desktop to download plucker, the plucker documentation, and zlib compression library to the Palm IIIe I have.

3. Generate a Pocket query on geocaching.com in gpx format.

4. Use gpx2html to convert the query into html.

5. Tell plucker to use the newly-created index.html as a 'channel'.

6. Tell plucker-desktop to update all channels, which will send the new index.html channel down to the Palm.

If you run into any problems, feel free to ask... there seem to be a decent amount of people on here that use this and can help you out.

sean

I just bought a Tungsten T and I am having problems! I downloaded Plucker and gpx spinner but I get an error message saying "Zlib is not supported" "This device cannot handle zlib compressed documents" I saved it as Doc compression not ZLib. I also uninstalled it and reinstalled it again thinking I did something wrong. I have Zlib on my PDA so I don't understand.. If anyone has some suggestions I would appreciate it a bunch!