MapSource Topo question

Ok, I read the manual and I tried the help menu, and I still can't understand the contour lines on the Topo maps. What are the intervals? Do they vary from place to place with the relief characteristics as in USGS topos? Why are they such strange numbers, unlike all other topos I have seen? Can the units be changed to meters? Is there any information specifically related to the Topo CDs as opposed to Mapsource generally?

Thanks in advance.

Appletree

I think you will find that they are listed on the maps in feet but if you do the calculation they are at 10 meter intervals. You can't change how the units are displayed but you can tweek when they show up.

Sorry not much help

mcb

gpsyote.jpg

GPS-Yote

In the Mapsource program in your PC change altitude/elevation to meters from feet and the contour lines will round of nicely. Of course, you will then be working with metric. I can change to metric in my Vista also - you didn't mention your GPS but you might have a similar selection feature.

Alan