Meridian Card Utilities

I saved a second waypoint file (GEOCACHES) using the Meridian card utilities which was loaded with all of the waypoints I already had loaded in the GPS (file named PERSONAL). I tried to delete a waypoint and it seemed to work. I went back to PERSONAL and the waypoint was there. I deleted it from that file and it was gone. I went back to the GEOCACHES file and it was back. I could not permanently get rid of it from the GEOCACHES file no matter how many times I tried.

EDIT: OK, I figured part of it out. For some reason I have to save the file again as the same name and overwrite it. I'm not sure why I didn't have to do that to my original PERSONAL file. Also, I changed the name to GEOCACHE since the card reader showed it as GEOCACHE.S since it was more than 8 characters.

Does anyone have a good explation on how to deal with these files?

Can I modify just the Waypoint file I want using EasyGPS and load it as that file? EasyGPS saves it as a .loc, but the GPS files don't show an extension.

Feel free to Markwell me.

Also, after deleting a file, my second map file is now corrupted but wasn't before. I had something similar happen before. I think this issue is from deleting files using the card reader, but I'm not sure. Ideas?

[This message was edited by 3fros on May 22, 2003 at 01:04 AM.]

Try using GPS Babel. It will convert your EasyGPS files from .LOC to .WPT (the magellan protocol, but it's different from the mapsend .WPT !) Then you just put that file on your card with the card reader and load it with the card utilities. If you make a new file in the gps, use babel to convert it to .loc to use in easygps. GPS Babel is a little finicky, but when you figure out it's quirks, it works wonders.

-pizzachef