Loading 2 Different Mapsource Maps of Same Area

jonboy

I am looking at a GPS76S and want to be able to switch back and forth from MapSource MetroGuide maps when driving to MapSource Topo maps when walking. First of all can I have two different maps of the same area loaded? How do I make the change to another map type while in the field? I already have the Mapsource Topo CD, but I would love to be able to use the Mapsource MetroGuide for the approach. Am I asking for too much?

No problem. You can select any combination of MapSource maps (up to the memory limits of your GPSR, of course) and download them. You then select which you want to view under the MapSource info. menu of the GPS. If you leave them all selected, the GPSR will default to MetroGuide only. If you want to be able to see Topo, you'll need to de-select the MetroGuide.

"Never take a sunset for granted. Stop what you are doing and enjoy it. You never know when it may be your last"

Hi Jonboy,

Just taking a stab at this one here by looking at my 76s....this is not from experience... yet. I have topo loaded but have also thought about getting roads & rec. It appears that all the loaded maps would appear on the Mapsource Info menu... here you can check off which maps you want loaded and which not. It lists the maps by region and type (topo)... so I would imagine whichever street maps were loaded would be listed with that info too then you would just have to check whichever you wanted to use at the time.

Also, I'm sorry for you loss...I just heard about your father.

Peace and Good Luck!

I've used two types of maps in my GPS V and this is what I've found.

Like the other members said you can have both types of map downloaded into your GPS.

BUT: In the case of hte GPS V the City Select maps were 'ON' and the Topo map was covered up. Think of it as holding two types of paper maps with a street map on top and a topo underneather. The topo is there but you can't see it. The GPS V always puts the City Select on top. So you have to turn off the City Select map to 'see' the topo map.

That's what I've found anyway. It's worth double checking to see if your GPS will work the same way.

Wherever you go there you are.