National Geographic Maps-Compatability?

Smelly Mo

Hi from North Georgia, y'all.

I saw a boxed set of National Geographic maps of the US in a sporting goods store the other day. The box touted that the maps within were compatable with "all leading GPS systems" and showed a picture of an eTrex Vista. I use a Legend. The CD-ROM cost $39.00, versus, the $100 or so for the garmin stuff as you know.

Anybody had any experience with NatGeo addon maps?

Thanks!

Mo

I can only tell you that I love the Natioal Geographic topo series and use it with a Garmin 76S. I am sure this one will work in your Garmin Legend BUT the topo maps I got for my entire state came in a 10 CD pack and cost $100 bucks. The CD you discribe maybe something else but for that price you should check it out better.

sidewinder

LOST AND FOUND DEPT.

I use them and like them. Just be aware, in case you weren't, that they will not load onto your Garmin. That is to say, you won't see the maps on the display. You can upload and download the waypoints and such, but not the maps themselves. It takes MapSource from Garmin to do that trick.

"Never take a sunset for granted. Stop what you are doing and enjoy it. You never know when it may be your last"

I have been a big fan of the Nat. Geographic maps for quite a few years. Long before I got into geocaching. I use them for geocachong to study cache locations and also as storage for cache way points I may need in the future. I also use the Topo Sync software so that I can click onto a cache and bring all the iforamtion I have pasted for the Geocaching web site, this wat I do not need to log on again to pick a cache to search for. I also use map send topo to load maps onto my Meridian Gold.