USA PhotoMaps - Automatic Photo/Topo Maps

I've had this program for probably more than a year, but only recently started using it in earnest. I also recently updated the firmware for my Meridian (fixing some corrupted data that made my unit lock up occasionally) and I've downloaded Clayjar's Watcher for the first time tonight. Great program.

I have a question regarding USA Photomaps. I recieved a PQ for local caches, sent about 175 waypoints to my GPS, then sent them to USA Photomaps so I could see a picture of the whole thing. So now I have USA Photomaps with 175 waypoints. They are there everytime I open the program, and I can't delete them except one at a time. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?

Also, I live right near a map border. Any way of viewing two maps at the same time?

Jamie

Also, I live right near a map border. Any way of viewing two maps at the same time?

You can't view anything in the next UTM zone, but you can open two copies of USAPhotomaps with different maps simultaneously.

So now I have USA Photomaps with 175 waypoints. They are there everytime I open the program, and I can't delete them except one at a time. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?
Using Wordpad or Notepad, open the XML file of the same name as the map name. (See [file][open map file]). You can now select and delete all of those waypoints. Make sure you exit all copies of the program before you do this.

To see waypoints in USAPHotomaps in the future, save the waypoints into a gpx file. These can be displayed using the [waypoints] menu. gpx files are really xml, so the format of the waypoint tags is the same, and you can copy and paste between the two types of files.

How are you guys using it to benefit your caching or whatever?

I don't have, nor do I particularly want, detailed mapping capability on my caching GPSR. I use the program for planning caching days, especially away from my home turf. In Western Washington, you usually can't just follow the arrow to the vicinity of the cache unless you're a bird. Take a look at a physical map of the Puget Sound region and you'll see what I mean.

I also load waypoint files, both found and unfound, just to see what work has been accomplished and what remains to be done. The photographs are often very helpful in getting a better view of the terrain than maps alone, as with these two caches who's names tell the story: GCE3F9 and GCGCYM.