Click-stick problem for Garmins?

artsimons

Sweden? Of course it freezes!!

Just kidding. I have the same problem wih my etrex Vista. Wiggle it in circles or give it a tap. Ussually that will free it up. If it's still under warranty, contact garmin.com and you should be able to get it repaired for nothing although I don't know how that works in Europe.

Good luck and welcome to the forums. This is your first post since joining. Why don't you visit us more often? We'd like to hear from you.

Alan

Greetings - I had this problem with two different units, and Garmin fixed both for free (they were still under warranty). Until I had them fixed, a gentle but firm slap to the side would usually take care of it. My understanding is that this problem is caused by a loose ribbon cable - the same problem that causes the "screen scramble" problem on Garmin units. If so, folks who are mechanically inclined may be interested in a thread on that topic, which included directions for repairing it yourself, for those not under warranty. I could find it and post a link, or you could follow my recent posts back to the relevant threads - there have been many on this topic.

-------------

"Thos' Degrees of Longitude and Latitude in Name, yet in Earthly reality are they Channels mark'd for the transport of some unseen Influence, one carefully assembl'd chain…"

– Thomas Pynchon, Mason & Dixon

Although this particular problem hasn't been frequent with my units, having a Vista repaired in Sweden is no problem. Either visit the dealer, provided you did buy it at some place reasonably near you. Or visit another dealer.

Or do as I did, send it to Garmin's European headquarter in Romsey, UK. Expect it to come back in a week and a half.

Heja Sverige. Vädret är inte så dåligt som Alan tror! icon_razz.gif

Anders

quote:
Originally posted by Olar:

quote:
_Originally posted by Anders.:

Heja Sverige. Vädret är inte så dåligt som Alan tror! icon_razz.gif

Anders_

Ok Anders. Don't keep us in suspense. What did you say about Alan? icon_smile.gif

Cheers, Olar

Anders said: "OK. Our click stick sticks because it's freezing here in Sweden but at least we don't have to worry about getting mugged while caching in NYC parks like Alan!"