Magellan help needed

I'm having trouble figuring out how to load maps onto my SD card.

Before I get the "Read the manual" answer, I have. I've also looked through the history here and the Yahoo News group and Yahoo FAQs, but I also see I'm not the only one having this problem.

I have a brand new Meridian Platinum, came as firmware 3.06 or so. I updated it with zero problem to 4.02 and now have "Card Utilities" (that drove me nuts for a few minutes)

I also have:

256mb Sandisk SD card

"Dazzle" card reader/writer

Magellan Mapsend Streets

Magellan Data cable (but I had to use a buddies computer to update as my Laptop doesn't have a serial port) *Shrug*

Could someone . . . anyone, please provide detailed instructions for putting streets on my GPS or even a link to simple instructions for the "Computer Mediocre". If not here, then by Email.

Thank you for your time and knowledge.

John

jdhollister@juno.com

When you create a map image file in Mapsend, do it without the GPS connected to the computer, but have the SD card in the reader/writer.

When you save a map region, just name it "Test".

Find that file on the hard drive on the computer, you just created. Highlight the file and select copy. Now open the drive letter that represents the SD memory card and click paste. Now click on the drive letter for the SD memory card, and select EJECT. Now remove the card and put it in the Meridian. Go to map selection in the card ultilities, and you should see the TEST.img file.

Always different...Hit refresh

maze?90+35+4+1+0+0+0+0+255+255+255

Download FAQ file "MeridianFAQ_1_00_b1_pdf" from:

files on yahoo MAG group

Page 10 has what you want.

You may be speaking of me when you said others are having same problem. I posted to Yahoo group too, about this issue.

If you still have problem, email me your telephone number and I will call you and we will walk through it.

I worked on it this morning and was able to get my 128 meg card loaded using card reader.

Your 256 card should be OK, but can't promise it

I have flouted the wild, I have followed its lure, fearless. familar, alone; yet the wild must win, and a day will come when I shall be overthrown. By: Robert Service

Worked like a charm. Detailed maps make all the difference!! icon_biggrin.gif

I skipped a step, that was my problem. I didn't convert the map and was just trying to load the raw file I guess.

Thank you for the replies and offers guys.

Now I'm off to try multiple maps (wider coverage)

Smiling like a mule eating honeysuckle vines, I did little but got alot in return.

Glad you are on the road to caching success.

icon_biggrin.gif

I have flouted the wild, I have followed its lure, fearless. familar, alone; yet the wild must win, and a day will come when I shall be overthrown. By: Robert Service