Plucker Speed

Well I have been using Plucker an Isilo for almost a month. My question is I am just about done with my 30 day trial on Isilo and not sure if I need to purchase it.

My problem is the speed of Plucker. Running on a Palm IIIxe pulling up the pages in Plucker seems to take an eternity compared to the instant response from Isilo. Is this typical of Plucker to take 30-40 seconds to load the index.htm from a 500 waypoint PQ ran thru Spinner?

Any one have any hints to get better response on the viewer?

I have tried removing all images etc... with no change.

The desktop portion also runs much slower than Isilox but, I can live with that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I used to run Plucker on a IIIx (just moved on to a Tungsten T). I liked Plucker because it seemed reasonably fast to me...it took a second or two, but never what you are experiencing. Something seems wrong to me.

My first thought is to ask if you have ample memory available?

What else...I have to admit that I was running files with 100 waypoint PQs. Perhaps you should try a smaller file to see if size really does make a difference.

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt

I stopped using IndexByID and use the cool feature of Spinner to limit the distance from a landmark in the RefLoctions.txt file.

Of course, you still have to use the IndexbyID or name for those caches outside the radius. But then you can go from cache to cache with the nearest caches feature.

I use Plucker on my m105 and it works pretty well for us.

CR

72057_2000.gif