Problem connect to pc after meridian firmware upgrade

McGoal

Yeah, I bet the baudrate got changed to some default setting which no longer matches the baudrate on your proggies.

On EasyGPS, you should be able to change the baudrate under File->Preferences->(select your GPS)

With your Meridian, Menu->Setup->Baud Rate will let you set the baudrate.

Just make sure the two are in sync.

Jamie

Okay, checked all of that originally but went back and did it again to be sure! Went through gps setup as per easygps again as well. Tried in on a different PC just to triple check. Still no connection since upgrading to 4.02. Any thoughts? and Is the old OS still available for download anywhere?

McGoal sez, AAAAAAAAWWWWWW, now I get it!

You can get the 4.06 firmware at the Yahoo Meridian Users' Group, but I doubt that's what's giving you the trouble (I've not heard of anyone having this difficulty due to 4.02). If you can't connect with any other program; I don't know how your computer could connect for a firmware switch.

I would try another Clear Memory/All. Perhaps there's a residual setting that wasn't cleared out in the upgrade.

The 3.x firmware *was* available at the Site Who Must Not Be Named, but the Magellan lawyers made them take it down. I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt

I have had botched firmware upgrades before, and similar problems afterwards....I've also always been able to bring my receiver back from the dead each time. (Dont ask me how....I have no idea, other than I just kept trying to reinstall the firmware)

Just keep trying! (Make sure you follow the instructions to the letter each time, and you might luck out)....

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

www.pirate4x4.com

You can set the GPS to 4800 baud, and the software to 4800 baud also. Try a reset of the unit also if this does not work. Turn off NMEA also. You may have to force the unit into Software Upload Mode to reinstall the software. Possably you may have to re-download the firmware off of the internet. The most error prone of the Garmins and Magellans ive used, are the Meridians.

All is well. I joined the meridian group on Yahoo and downloaded the v4.03. Once I uploaded it to the unit all seems to be okay. I am tempted to reload the v4.02 to see if it there was a glitch in the original load but I am not so inclined at the moment since it is working now.

Thanks for all the replies and asistiance.

Happy Trails!

McGoal sez, AAAAAAAAWWWWWW, now I get it!