SporTrak Map (SM): How to Delete User Added Addresses?

Readymixer

I recently was searching for an address on my SM in an uploaded region. I found the address I needed but instead of selecting VIEW I selected OK. By doing this it has now permanently placed this address in my 'Nearest To' feature of the User database. Is there a way to clear this without clearing the memory of the unit? It is not a huge deal but it does clutter things a bit. Let me know if there are any ideas on this one. Choos!

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."

Originally posted by Readymixer:

...By doing this it has now permanently placed this address in my 'Nearest To' feature of the User database. Is there a way to clear this without clearing the memory of the unit?.... QUOTE]

Delete it like you would any waypoint. Hilite it and then hit MENU, not ENTER. Select DELETE . That should do it.

EDIT: I did this on purpose icon_biggrin.gif a few minutes ago and was able to delete it as I described. If it doesn't work for you, let me know.

don

Delete it like you would any waypoint. Hilite it and then hit MENU, not ENTER. Select DELETE . That should do it.

That won't work. In my case the address appears below a horizontal line in the drop-down menu. If I were to do as you suggested it would actually delete another waypoint. On the map, the address is not marked as a waypoint and the waypoint does not appear in my list of waypoints in the database, only in the drop down menu. There's got to be a way to delete it....

Jeff

http://www.StarsFellOnAlabama.com

http://www.NotAChance.com

I'm working off a meriplat, Jeff, so I don't know if this information is of value or not. Usually the firmware works the same or similarly on the meridians and the sportraks.

If I find an address and mark it (rather than view it) a waypoint is created (default Adrs001). A house icon appears on the map, and I can treat it as any other waypoint, including deleting it from the user database.

Although this might be a difference between our firmwares, I'm still wondering if you are talking about a different kind of thing than what I have described.

Don't get even - get odd

Same here with the ST Pro, embra.

Guys, please describe step-by-step how you created this so we can try to find a fix for you.

Just wanted to let you know that now I'm in the same boat as you guys--thanks a lot!! icon_biggrin.gif

But I will fix it!!

don

[This message was edited by Cachetrotters on January 17, 2003 at 09:43 AM.]

[This message was edited by Cachetrotters on January 17, 2003 at 09:43 AM.]

small. In SETUP. I selected CLEAR MEMORY, RESET DEFAULT. That worked. The price was the resetting of customized values, like EPE(instead of ETE), beeper function(mine was off), map zoom, etc. No maps or waypoints were lost. Good Luck.

don

EDIt: Looks like you'll have to reset the clock, too. Other thing noticed was map detail setting, and contrast. All in all, not as bad as completely clearing memory.

[This message was edited by Cachetrotters on January 17, 2003 at 10:04 AM.]

If I find an address and mark it (rather than view it) a waypoint is created (default Adrs001). A house icon appears on the map, and I can treat it as any other waypoint, including deleting it from the user database.

On the SM, when you select an address you can either press OK or View. I created these extra values in the drop down menu by accidentally pressing OK instead of view icon_frown.gif The appear below a horizontal which is below the factory values of Poisition, Cities, Addresses, Other. You can scroll down the added address, you just can't delete it without apparently doing a reset as Don discovered. Magellan should update this on the next firmware update. Happy caching!

Jeff

http://www.StarsFellOnAlabama.com

http://www.NotAChance.com

Glad you found a solution...the meriplat firmware does seem to handle it in the preferred manner.

I'm presuming you have the newest upgrade? I have the 4.02 for the meridian, and I would think they would keep feature sets pretty close together for cotemporaneous--I love to work that word into conversations--releases. If you're already current, y'all oughta write Magellan with your suggestion.

Don't get even - get odd

Merriam-Webster OnLine:

"The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the Dictionary search box to the right.

Suggestions for cotemporaneous:

1. contemporaneous

2. ctenophorans

3. cotoneasters

"One entry found for contemporaneous.

Main Entry: con·tem·po·ra·ne·ous

Pronunciation: k&n-"tem-p&-'rA-nE-&s

Function: adjective

Etymology: Latin contemporaneus, from com- + tempor-, tempus time

Date: circa 1656

: existing, occurring, or originating during the same time"

I knew you were trying to sneak one in on us. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif