Just gotta vent.

I finaly saved and retired my Garmin 12 and upgraded to the Meridian Platinum. I love the thing and having a blast playing with all the bells and wistles, BUT!!!

I hate this darn CD it came with@!!!!

What the heck ever happend to books with paper, I mean really I am going camping tomorrow and here I am printing 89 pages so I have something to read.

I just want to kick a puppy I am so frustrated.

Ok I am better now go back to your reading.

Semper Fi

Hawk Chucker

When I first got my yellow etrex a couple of years ago, I was upset to discover that instead of a comprehensive manual, it comes with a quick reference guide. The advanced users guide was available to order. How hard would it have been to put the whole manual in the box? The tone of the reference guide was such that I got the impression Garmin thinks the average consumer is too stupid to understand the advanced features of the unit. Fortunately, the interface on the yellow is fairly intuitive, and as it is a basic unit, I was able to figure out everything without ordering the manual. Manuals are available to download for free at their website, but if you don't have access to the internet, you have to order one.

96920_1100.jpg

"Chock full of essential vitamins and waypoints"

OTOH, my eMap came with a pretty good printed manual but it was completely out-of-date within a couple weeks since a new firmware release added numerous features and redid much of the user interface. It's hard for a hardcopy manual to keep up with the features of a product with downloadable firmware.