Sportrak Map and Topo lines

drtmn

I have a Sportrak Map and just installed the Topo CD and I can not seem to get the topo lines to show up on the map screen, I have done all the easy things. Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions. I do have v4.06.

This is where the sig goes, there isnt one.

On the PC map, make sure your Options has Show Topo checked.

On the GPS map, go into your Menu, select Map Setup, toggle to the Display section and scroll down to and press Enter to turn on the checkmark at the Topo Lines box.

If it is on, you just may be zooned in too close to see any topo lines in your area.

Cheers!

TL

I'm assuming you uploaded a region to the SportTrak? If you have, there were three checkboxes next to the region. One is for (P)OI, (T)opo, and a checkmark to include the region in the upload to the GPS. Each of T and P boxes need to be check bolded for these details to be uploaded.

Help my geographic ignorance. Where's Quad Cities?

Cheers!

TL

Thanks Lee!

drtmn, I checked that area and your features are very flat there. When zoomed in, you may have enough street clutter in place you might actually be missing the very very faint gray lines that will be marking your topographic detail.

Try viewing outside of a street cluttered area such as:

N41°37.133'

W90°31.923'

At a zoom level of 0.2 or 0.5 miles and see if you can see some topo lines. The waypoint puts you in the center of an oval shaped low peak of 750' above sea level, and there will be other topo lines of 750' in within the vicinity of that peak. You should see Spencer Creek about 1/2 mile awayto the east of that location and Crow Creek about 3/4 mile SW of that location in between 220th St. and 210th St.

Cheers!

TL

I know the terrain is pretty flat around here as compared to somewhere like on the west coast but I was expecting to see something like thiswhen I loaded the Topo maps on my GPS. If not I guess I will stick to streets and des. Thanks for all your help though. Really appreciate it.

quote:
Originally posted by drtmn:

I know the terrain is pretty flat around here as compared to somewhere like on the west coast but I was expecting to see something like http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?u=1&lat=41.56293&mapit=Map+It&lon=-90.39807&size=s&s=25when I loaded the Topo maps on my GPS. If not I guess I will stick to streets and des. Thanks for all your help though. Really appreciate it.

Definitely wishful thinking. See the image.

topo-map-a.jpg

Cheers!

TL

quote:
Originally posted by TotemLake:

I checked that area and your features are very flat there.

Hey, I shoulda thought about that when I mentioned where Quad Cities was.

That's where I-80 and a few other highways cross the Mississippi. You ain't seen "flat" until you've driven I-80 from Nebraska to Illinois.

---

LDR.