Lovelock Geocaches

Guest Robin Lovelock

Guest Robin Lovelock

Jeremy Irish said that he wished to post our

recent email exchange below as a means of

getting your opinions on if the 31 Lovelock

geocaches should be de-archived. Maybe he

has been too busy: if so here is our exchange. You will find my defence of these

caches on the page linked from

http://www.gpss.co.uk/geocache.htm

Robin Lovelock

last email from Robin to Jeremy>>>>

No Problem Jeremy - Please go ahead with the posting, etc. Sounds an excellent idea. Robin.

P.S. I just got back from visiting the Wimbledon Windmill and Richmond Parks caches,

plus a useful meeting in the office of The Royal Parks organisation. There will soon be

a lot of happy faces in pictures from the Richmond Park cache uploaded. The film came out well.

>>>>>>>>>>

I have no problems with it, but I first want to ask to post this message to

the forums in its entirety, so the folks in the UK forums have some

feedback. For obvious reasons and previous experience, people consider your

caches suspect.

Jeremy

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 12:38 AM

To: Jeremy Irish

Cc: Ken Henson; Bryan Roth

Subject: DE-ARCHIVE Windsor Castle Please

Hi Jeremy and Bryan ! I did not get a reply to my last email to you, but no matter.

One question: is there a "routine procedure" for "de-archive requests" like this ?

Sorry if it is already on geocaching.com, but if it is, I've missed it. Hence these emails.

All of my 31 caches are now suitably "back up" on other sites, and most have

now been re-visited to remove GPSS CD, add even more other "goodies", etc.

I have decided to put much more, not less, of my resources, and those of several

business partners, into promotion of Geocaching. Part of this is to make sure that

"quality" caches are deployed on a suitable "Public Domain" foundation Worldwide.

Some of the more important promotion may not be for some months, although

that related to the Ford contract will start in a small way on 11th December.

As you know, I very much sympathise with your present need to cope with emails

from Geocachers, including irate ones on newsgroups, while this is still a part time

activity for you. I've refrained from giving you legal advice because in my first 'phone

conversation with Bryan he explained that he was in that profession. I've also

avoided sensitive subjects such as copyright or disputes on my geocache pages.

I suggest that we gradually de-archive our 31 caches on geocaching.com starting

with Windsor Castle (requested here) and Virginia Water (requested Sunday, but

I recognise that you may still be catching up with your weekend backlog).

If this is done slowly, over a reasonable space of time,

I'm sure you will not get trouble from the north of UK ;-)

One reason for de-archiving the Windsor Castle cache is that it is about to get a travel bug

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=1087

I look forward to Windsor Castle and Virginia Water being de-archived by you soon.

Virginia Water is

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=6533

To end on a very upbeat note: This morning I received an "instant camera" through the post from

the office of The Royal Parks (Richmond Park, Hampton Court, Wimbledon Windmill and others).

A Warden found my cache, handed in to the office: they read it (e.g. logbook) and APPROVED :-)

They 'phoned me and got an answerphone (I was out inspecting other caches); posted the camera

which is almost full; told the Warden to put back exactly where he found it. I got home, 'phoned

them: spoke at length to the very nice lady in the office; expect to go up later today with

replacement camera, more "goodies", and processed photos to show her.

- perhaps also a box of chocolates :-)

I am extremely happy with the reception that this cache, found by accident, received.

Keep up the good work ;-)

Robin Lovelock

www.gpss.co.uk

Robin

The major problem is with the huge number of them planted in such a small area - it's way too much. This has all been gone over in minute detail previously here - bottom line: too many caches in too small an area is bad.

Oh and given the disclaimer on your website that you (paraphrasing) may pass on email addresses to business partners that are sent to your email address - don't you think you should add that to your cache pages too ?? If you have the time of course!

Mr Lovelock Quote"I suggest that we gradually de-archive our 31 caches on geocaching.com starting

with Windsor Castle (requested here) and Virginia Water (requested Sunday, but

I recognise that you may still be catching up with your weekend backlog).

If this is done slowly, over a reasonable space of time, I'm sure you will not get trouble from the north of UK ;-)"

Patronising everyone north of the Watford Gap is pretty foolish... even for you!

Jeremy... please let us know when his caches are coming back on line so I can archive mine. It would seem that Mr Lovelock intends to make geocaching a commercial exersize at any cost.

Mr Lovelock Quote"I have decided to put much more, not less, of my resources, and those of several

business partners, into promotion of Geocaching. Part of this is to make sure that

"quality" caches are deployed on a suitable "Public Domain" foundation Worldwide.

Some of the more important promotion may not be for some months, although

that related to the Ford contract will start in a small way on 11th December."

I have just spent about £35 and 30 or so hours preparing one cache full of give aways for fellow cachers...(no strings attached) and am just starting to wonder why I bother, I thought we had dealt with this!!!!

Mr Lovelock Quote"As you know, I very much sympathise with your present need to cope with emails

from Geocachers, including irate ones on newsgroups, while this is still a part time

activity for you. I've refrained from giving you legal advice because in my first 'phone

conversation with Bryan he explained that he was in that profession. I've also

avoided sensitive subjects such as copyright or disputes on my geocache pages.

By heavens... I think he is after taking over the whole shooting match

And just by way of a reminder from a past thread...

Jeremy Quotes"...my final decision is to archive these caches indefinitely..."

I'm not backing down on this, nor do I have time to argue these cache removals. It's done.

[This message has been edited by Monz (edited 24 November 2001).]

Guest theGophers

Robin

Does this mean that you have resolved your problems with your browser and are now prepared to discuss the quantity of caches placed in a small area, my particular issue: remove the constant reference to gpss and the apology that you cannot reply to any eMails through geocaching.com from your pages and join in the fun as a game and not a business.

Stephen McNally

(Not at all troubled up north)

Guest Kimrobin

The Virginia Water cache page http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=6533

appears to have all the gpss references removed and this statement included in the cache description.

"This is a non-commercial, Public Domain Geocache. The cache is Public Property, as is all information about it, including the location, this description, and reports from people visiting the cache. If you wish to contact Robin and want a reply, please email him direct on gpss@compuserve.com If you do this through a geocaching web site, please make sure you include your email address. Robin regrets that he may not reply to those who seek to hide who they are. Please include at least your name and email address."

Guest Morseman

s there. And, arguably, ifyou do that's your business. The number of routes keeps increasing as people map them.

As ever, just my opinions.

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

Guest Luggage

While Luggage & I are relatively new to the game, we have followed the previous discussions with great interest, even before we started 'cache hunting'.

We thought that this matter had been brought to a close, something which encouraged us to take up this hobby. We have not visited any of his caches, but have noticed that when he visits he takes the opportunity to advertise even then (as per the log book in the Waterbeach Island cache).

We liked the fact that it appeared that geocaching was a self-regualted sport, but unfortunately we beleive that if you allow Mr Lovelock 'back in' he will revert to his old ways. Even in his first message on this thread, he has 'advertised' his web site - please note, web site, not e-mail address twice. Surely this in itself should show that he is not interested in 'playing the game'.

Quote from the Virginia Water Cache page:

"This is a non-commercial, Public Domain Geocache. The cache is Public Property, as is all information about it, including the location, this description, and reports from people visiting the cache. If you wish to contact Robin and want a reply, please email him direct on gpss@compuserve.com If you do this through a geocaching web site, please make sure you include your email address. Robin regrets that he may not reply to those who seek to hide who they are. Please include at least your name and email address."

This again speaks volumes - he will not communicate with people with alias' and only to people who e-mail him direct - I think we all know why!!

Let him back in and you are letting us all down. He is an embarrasment to the sport.

Anyone who is interested in further antics of Mr Lovelock, see this:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Robin+Lovelock&hl=en

Geocachers are not the first group of people he has 'upset', and I wouldn't mind betting we won't be the last.

Yours seriously,

Rincewind & Luggage

Guest Kimrobin

quote:
Originally posted by PHREDD:

MORSEMAN.

Snap.........G0RBM .........QTHR

Phredd

Alex a.k.a. The Big Man

callsign = G1ANT

beat that icon_smile.gif

Alex.

Guest Kimrobin

quote:

MORSEMAN.

Snap.........G0RBM .........QTHR

Phredd

Alex a.k.a. The Big Man

callsign = G1ANT

beat that icon_smile.gif

Alex.

I notice that since the archiving of Robins caches it seems that more have been placed in the surrounding area by others.

For him to be so desparate, there has to be an ulterior motive, one that is being missed.

In the case of Robin, special circumstances need to be applied to protect us from further relapses of his methods which are bound to occur.

Therefore I propose that "IF" his caches are allowed back onto Geocaching.com he must be made to adhere to the following :

His business website must be removed from the link at the top of the cache pages and no mention of his business must be made.

He should remove the comment about people e-mailing him are to "include a name and e-mail address". Beware, you need to keep your anonymity from this man.

He should not give his e-mail address and should use the bot.

Flooding an area is obviously a major problem which is difficult to make a rule for. Robin obviously has a page missing from his dictionary, the one which lists the word "moderation". Once an issue has been raised regarding the unusually high proportion of caches in an area then those at Groundspeak should monitor the situation. A number of posts were made in this forum about the problem but Robin chose to ignore them. If his 31 caches were not archived he would have 15% of the currently available UK caches. Being greedy like this could deprive others in his and the surrounding areas of the pleasure of placing caches because the number of hunters is so small.

If those at Groundspeak feel that Robin is more important than upsetting the rest of us, then so be it ...

Having said all that, we have already been along this road and it was decided (after everyone had had the opportunity of participating in an open debate in this forum) to archive the Lovelock caches.

Why is it even being considered again?

[This message has been edited by timp (edited 25 November 2001).]

Guest Morseman

quote:
Originally posted by Kimrobin:

Alex a.k.a. The Big Man

callsign = G1ANT

beat that icon_smile.gif

Alex.

Well, some people mistake the zero in my callsign for an 'o' whch makes me GOD(JA) !

icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

[This message has been edited by Morseman (edited 25 November 2001).]

Guest Morseman

quote:
Originally posted by Kimrobin:

Alex a.k.a. The Big Man

callsign = G1ANT

beat that icon_smile.gif

Alex.

Well, some people mistake the zero in my callsign for an 'o' whch makes me GOD(JA) !

icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

[This message has been edited by Morseman (edited 25 November 2001).]

Quote ---------------------------------

"Anyone who is interested in further antics of Mr Lovelock, see this:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Robin+Lovelock&hl=en

Geocachers are not the first group of people he has 'upset', and I wouldn't mind betting we won't be the last.

Quote ---------------------------------

It seems that "sci.geo.satellite-nav" has also been suffering with a terminal case of the Lovelock Virus... I wonder if McAfee have the antidote!

[This message has been edited by Monz (edited 25 November 2001).]

Guest The Northumbrian

z:

Come on you lot, Jeremy said his caches were ARCHIVED, so we Know that Jeremy is not going to go back on his word and let these caches back, I have noticed that he has put his caches on another site ans someone started a Topic"The British are coming" on that site, When it should have said

TEH LOVELOCKS HAVE ARRIVED , some of you out there know my name and email add. but when Robin Lovelock ask's you for it, its for a reason and that reason is so he can send you junk mail . I have had a look at his software and dont think it will ever cache on

A very good night to you all , my fellow SINCERE Geocacher's

------------------

The Northumbrian

Guest theGophers

"If you wish to contact Robin and want a reply, please email him direct on gpss@compuserve.com If you do this through a geocaching web site, please make sure you include your email address. Robin regrets that he may not reply to those who seek to hide who they are. Please include at least your name and email address."

So I'll take that as a definate NO then to my previous question.

I dont know about anybody else but I think his access should be removed from GeoCaching and Groundspeak. Robin has pissed off so many people at other sites I would hate to see him ruin this one.

This is fun lets keep it that way.

Just say NO.

quote:
Originally posted by theGophers:

"I dont know about anybody else but I think his access should be removed from GeoCaching and Groundspeak. Robin has pissed off so many people at other sites I would hate to see him ruin this one.

This is fun lets keep it that way.

Just say NO.

I am in total agreement with these comments.

I find it hard to believe that the de-archiving of his caches is even being considered.

It makes you wonder whats going on doesn't it?

I have my own theories, which will either be proven or dispelled only by the actions of one certain person. Time will tell!

Guest Quinnow

I am sorry to butt in on your topic here, but it was pointed out to me by one of my members so I decided to take a look and see what is going on. A person above had mentioned that MR. Lovelock has been posting his Caches on another website, well that would be mine at www.navicache.com I have also heard and seen that Jeremy has made a choice to "Archive" his Caches. I guess the reason was that they were "commercial"? If they were then I would fully understand, but since they have been moved I see nothing of this nature, and please, if there is something I am missing I would like to better understand it so that the sport can at least keep some sort of uniform look to it no matter which site or where placed a cache may be.

Now is it that he has placed many in a certain area that upsets people? or is it the contents? I have looked over many of his caches and find the pages as well as contents to be much the same if not better than many I would find in the states.

Heck if you ask me to I could sit here for a while and point out tons of caches where a person was out Geocaching and on the way back to the car dropped a cup container or plastic jar with a piece of paper and pencil in it just for the sake of calling it a cache.

Now most of the things being said about Mr. Lovelock are either untrue or changed since his caches were submitted. I just want to know what facts that maybe I have missed that seem to be making so many people upset so that I too may make a decission based on this.

I can understand that if his main motive was to grab people from the sport to make a self profit by pulling them into a site that pushes ad's or product onto them, but I believe his caches do not do this, or at least no longer do this.

So if any of you can give me a better understanding why so many are upset it would help me in making choices of my own that may or may not help the sport.

If you do not wish to take up the space here to do so please by all means e-mail me.

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

quote:
Originally posted by Quinnow:

I am sorry to butt in on your topic here, but it was pointed out to me by one of my members so I decided to take a look and see what is going on. A person above had mentioned that MR. Lovelock has been posting his Caches on another website, well that would be mine at www.xxxxxxxxx.com

Thanks for the advert. Now piss off, and take Robin lovelock with you.

Guest The Northumbrian

decission based on this.

I can understand that if his main motive was to grab people from the sport to make a self profit by pulling them into a site that pushes ad's or product onto them, but I believe his caches do not do this, or at least no longer do this.

So if any of you can give me a better understanding why so many are upset it would help me in making choices of my own that may or may not help the sport.

If you do not wish to take up the space here to do so please by all means e-mail me.

I have noticed that the only UK caches on your site are LOVELOCK CACHES, and whilst they remain a thorn in our sides , you will not get any other Caches on there apart from his two or three supporters. Every one of his caches have links to his business and he also states that he will not reply to anyone unless we give our names and details to him, I for one am not frightened about giving my Email, But this will only lead to getting a lot of spam and junk mail,

I wonder if we could get him on to The Jerry Springer show? Or Kilroy , I for one will Archive my eight uk caches if this person is allowed to spoil what we decent cachers have developed into a good family pastime , So be warned Quinn Lovelocke caches will be thy ruin ,When I contacted you at the start of last week , I thank you for your prompt reply and also your kind words to the people of the UK for the support given to your country

Respectfully, Nigel Forster

------------------

The Northumbrian

[This message has been edited by The Northumbrian (edited 26 November 2001).]

Guest Morseman

Every one of his caches have links to his business and he also states that he will not reply to anyone unless we give our names and details to him, I for one am not frightened about giving my Email, But this will only lead to getting a lot of spam and junk mail,

[/b]

I'm as anti-spam as the next person (any UCE received here goes to Spamcop, and/or I find where it came from on Geektools etc.,) but I have to say that since emailing Mr. Lovelock I've not noticed any increase in Spam received.

I came across his site before Groundspeak or Navicache and, in fact, I've received remarkably few Spam emails lately. Even to email addresses that were not sent to him. That may be famous last words I suppose. icon_smile.gif

I get the impression that there is a history to this subject, which I'm obviously not aware of, but to speak as I find, so far I've not had any violation of my email address that is traceable back to sending emails to Mr Lovelock.

On the subject of overdoing caches in an area. I was considering putting out some caches. Can someone advise me how many I should put out before being over the top please?

Also, what is considered 'comercial'? Can I add freeby goodies that my employer gives away (with their prior permission, of course) and, if I approach the local historic sites for permission to hide a cache in their grounds (but in a publically accessible place - like Free Lunch, for example) is it OK to include brochures for that site? If so, would it be OK if they asked if a money-off-the-entrance-fee voucher be added?

If that's OK, what about the various theme parks?

Sorry if all of this has been debated before, but I'd rather find out now than have my caches archived.

Thanks.

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

Guest Morseman

Every one of his caches have links to his business and he also states that he will not reply to anyone unless we give our names and details to him, I for one am not frightened about giving my Email, But this will only lead to getting a lot of spam and junk mail,

[/b]

I'm as anti-spam as the next person (any UCE received here goes to Spamcop, and/or I find where it came from on Geektools etc.,) but I have to say that since emailing Mr. Lovelock I've not noticed any increase in Spam received.

I came across his site before Groundspeak or Navicache and, in fact, I've received remarkably few Spam emails lately. Even to email addresses that were not sent to him. That may be famous last words I suppose. icon_smile.gif

I get the impression that there is a history to this subject, which I'm obviously not aware of, but to speak as I find, so far I've not had any violation of my email address that is traceable back to sending emails to Mr Lovelock.

On the subject of overdoing caches in an area. I was considering putting out some caches. Can someone advise me how many I should put out before being over the top please?

Also, what is considered 'comercial'? Can I add freeby goodies that my employer gives away (with their prior permission, of course) and, if I approach the local historic sites for permission to hide a cache in their grounds (but in a publically accessible place - like Free Lunch, for example) is it OK to include brochures for that site? If so, would it be OK if they asked if a money-off-the-entrance-fee voucher be added?

If that's OK, what about the various theme parks?

Sorry if all of this has been debated before, but I'd rather find out now than have my caches archived.

Thanks.

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

Guest Quinnow

Yomper,

I see your use of words far exceeds the brain speed you contain in that head of yours, this was expected from you from what I was told as you seem to be the lifeless one from your country. How proud they must be of you.

i came here looking to find a simple reason to follow suit with what Jeremy has done due to not knowing the facts and it is people like you, not just or if people like Lovelock that will damage the sport. You sit here and say this and that about Geocachiong and how it should be put to light, then make those very nice family oriented comments. I had forgotten that there weere 5 year old members on the sites so forgive me for not knowing your age before you dribbled that spat.

Morseman, thankyou for the information you provided and I will take heed and look farther to see what is what. As for not getting anymore caches from your country I did not realize that the person who made that comment was the new king and made this law there, but he is also already wrong and did not look hard enough to realize this.

I have several e-mails from your fellow countrymen and are all in a positive fashion asking questions and posting requests, these are the type of people that will push the sport forward, not narrow minded ones such as Yomper.

Once again for those of you that e-mailed me I thank you for your time and information.

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

Guest theGophers

g area is a bonus.

"what about the various theme parks?"

What about them. Again the hunt is for the cache not the theme park.

Quinnow

I can fully understand Yomper's reply as I have mentioned before this man has pissed off so many people and gone on for so long without any comment from the cause. When I saw he started up a new thread my thoughts were the same about him. I could type pages about my feelings on this but at this stage Im just fed up with it all.

I realy wish he would go and pick on somebody else. I dont understand why he wants to get back in when he knows our feelings about it all. This man must have some other agenda.

Stephen McNally

Guest Moss Trooper

For all those who don't fully understand the goings on regarding Robin Lovelock, it's all here (well most) if you can be bothered to plow your way through it all.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000116.html

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000118.html

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000115.html

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000140.html

Moss the boss.. He de man sorta

[This message has been edited by Moss Trooper (edited 26 November 2001).]

Guest Lost in Space

Just to add more fuel to the fire:

I received this from my father-in-law in Sacramento, Ca who had just been to a Sacramento "meet"

"......Hey Neil I am envious, I wish I could be there, we had a get together

last Sunday at a local park.no pubs were close, I think some of them are

prudes. I did pick up some info, (I have the CD) on using a laptop along

with your GPS to locate caches. The creator of this little jewel is an

Englishman. He gives out these CD's as shareware. The web site he

operates out of is. www.GPSS.co.uk it marvelous how it works. I am not

smart enough to use it yet . Hell I don't even have a laptop. But anyway

it might be worth it to look into. Have a pint on me when you get there."

Hi Quinnow,

In response to your post you may like to check these out:

1. Mr Lovelocks' log on The Queens Oak cache page.

2. The "Whats he up to" thread on U.K forum.

3. The "31 archived caches" thread on U.K. forum.

Once you have read all these,I'm sure you'll at least have an idea why there is such strong opposition to him,his actions and his motives.

Once Jeremy had finally decided to archive the 31 caches and also declare that his decision was final, I for one, thought that the issue had been brought to a conclusion.

Sadly,its reared its ugly head once more and one wonders if there will ever be an end to it.

Regards F-Stop.

Guest Quinnow

F-Stop,

this is the type of Info I was looking for and thank you for providing it in a kind fashion. I'll read up on it more after work.

As for the other fellow who says he can understand Yompers reply I can't see how you can feel that way when all I did was simply come in here and ask a question to better understand what is going on, then to be told to p** off was quite uncalled for. I have hopes that most of you don't treat people like this and I am certain that you don't.

I'll end this here as some of you gave me the info I was looking for and once again Thank you very much.

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

[This message has been edited by Quinnow (edited 26 November 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Quinnow (edited 26 November 2001).]

In defense to those whose tempers tend to flare about this subject, the whole thing reminds me of some skit that could have been done by Monty Python's Flying Circus. Every time this discussion tends to quiet down, someone barges into the room and yells, "Wot wot? Wot's this all about. Wot wot?" And everyone's in an uproar again.

Close your eyes and think of fragrant flowers in a wild, untamed jungle. Feel your stresses ebbing away like the falling tide...

Jeremy

Guest Moss Trooper

Think Jeremy's been on happy baccy icon_biggrin.gif either that or he's a decendant of the indigenous tribes of Turtle Island icon_smile.gif

Monty Python.. That brings back memories.. icon_smile.gif

Moss the boss

Guest Moss Trooper

Think Jeremy's been on happy baccy icon_biggrin.gif either that or he's a decendant of the indigenous tribes of Turtle Island icon_smile.gif

Monty Python.. That brings back memories.. icon_smile.gif

Moss the boss

Guest Kimrobin

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

In defense to those whose tempers tend to flare about this subject, the whole thing reminds me of some skit that could have been done by Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Jeremy

Is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?

Alex.

OK .......... enough is enough.

Please put the Lovelock saga to bed or start another thread ........ Hatelock.

I thought this was a sport for grown people of my age (60),or should I go back to the days of Andy Pandy. At least he did not argue.

I may even go back to RADIO if this keeps up.

GROW UP AND SHUT UP>

------------------

Phredd

[This message has been edited by PHREDD (edited 26 November 2001).]

Guest theGophers

quote:

As for the other fellow

Quinn

I did put my name at the end.

Maybe I should clarify. What I meant was that this subject tends to get our tempers up and whereas I would try not to use the same languague when discussing it, it is very difficult to refrain. This man is dangerous as he tends to irate a lot of people and then get others to fight his battles for him as he sits back and I am sure laughs at us all.

maybe if you read the other treads and see how he was given ample oppertunity to respond and at least notice there was a problem but decided not you might understand our feelings.

If you found my previous post offensive I apologise it was not meant to be.

Stephen McNally

(The other fellow)

PS You will probably not get the same quantity of people replying to this subject as I am sure after the last number of 'discussions' we would all rather just forget it and move on... but that does not mean that our feeling about him have changed and I dont want him to sneek back in just because we would rather not go over the same old ground again and again.

Guest sHeUpTo

quote:

For what it's worth, I agree but you can't blame us for it. It was all quiet until Robin I-Love-Myself-Lock started it all again. Will this guy ever give up? The more he keeps trying the more I suspect that there is a hidden agenda.

quote:

I dont want him to sneek back in just because we would rather not go over the same old ground again and again.

Ok here is the challenge.

Remember those puzzles where you have two pictures and there are slight differences between the two. You know, "Spot the difference".

Well, I visited the cache "Cranbourne" (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=10737) before it had been approved because I was suspicious that "himself" might have been involved. Unbelieveable !!! There are no differences to this and the Lovelock caches. Same container, same content, same logbook with the same handwriting, same presentation, same ... But different names. Need I say more ?

Actually, look at the photo on his web page of one of his caches and content, then play "Spot the Difference". I did find two differences, the colour of the lid and the map from his website showing all the locations of his other caches. Even a laminated slip quoting the line from his descriptions which now say "This is a public domain geocache ..."

Now, I am prepared to be charitable, perhaps Robin has placed this cache for someone else though I doubt it.

Or could it be that Tony and Bonnie who have never found nor placed any other cache are actually Robin and June. But then again maybe not because Robin does not like people who use pseudonyms. icon_smile.gif

Robin, We're watching you.

Guest sHeUpTo

quote:

For what it's worth, I agree but you can't blame us for it. It was all quiet until Robin I-Love-Myself-Lock started it all again. Will this guy ever give up? The more he keeps trying the more I suspect that there is a hidden agenda.

quote:

I dont want him to sneek back in just because we would rather not go over the same old ground again and again.

Ok here is the challenge.

Remember those puzzles where you have two pictures and there are slight differences between the two. You know, "Spot the difference".

Well, I visited the cache "Cranbourne" (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=10737) before it had been approved because I was suspicious that "himself" might have been involved. Unbelieveable !!! There are no differences to this and the Lovelock caches. Same container, same content, same logbook with the same handwriting, same presentation, same ... But different names. Need I say more ?

Actually, look at the photo on his web page of one of his caches and content, then play "Spot the Difference". I did find two differences, the colour of the lid and the map from his website showing all the locations of his other caches. Even a laminated slip quoting the line from his descriptions which now say "This is a public domain geocache ..."

Now, I am prepared to be charitable, perhaps Robin has placed this cache for someone else though I doubt it.

Or could it be that Tony and Bonnie who have never found nor placed any other cache are actually Robin and June. But then again maybe not because Robin does not like people who use pseudonyms. icon_smile.gif

Robin, We're watching you.

Guest theGophers

quote:

Close your eyes and think of fragrant flowers in a wild, untamed jungle. Feel your stresses ebbing away like the falling tide...

Jeremy

Here we go again Group Hug...

quote:

Jeremy

Then from the murky putrid depths rises the Lovelock Tsunami washing away all that is decent and inflicting pain and misery on all...

ooops sorry, did I say that out loud?

Guest Luggage

Hmmmm......

The plot thickens...

We are off to Cranbourne now - if anyone wants to join us we will probably be there at approx 9:15pm GMT!!

Will report back on our return icon_wink.gif

TTFN!!

Rincewind & Luggage

Guest Luggage

Hmmmm......

The plot thickens...

We are off to Cranbourne now - if anyone wants to join us we will probably be there at approx 9:15pm GMT!!

Will report back on our return icon_wink.gif

TTFN!!

Rincewind & Luggage

Guest Cacher Jane8276

I don't think 31 caches are excessive. I live near San Diego Ca and there are 52 caches (albeit by different people) within 10 miles of my zip code. What area do the Lovelocks' caches cover?

Guest Quinnow

quote:

If you found my previous post offensive I apologise it was not meant to be.

Stephen McNally

(The other fellow)

PS You will probably not get the same quantity of people replying to this subject as I am sure after the last number of 'discussions' we would all rather just forget it and move on... but that does not mean that our feeling about him have changed and I dont want him to sneek back in just because we would rather not go over the same old ground again and again.

No need to apologise, all is well and Thank you for clearing things up. I have much reading to do I see, and yes...I think as well that it's time to put this topic to bed. Good luck to you all and enjoy the Caching out there.

------------------

Quinn Stone

Rochester, NY.14616

www.Navicache.com

quote:
Originally posted by Cacher Jane8276:

I don't think 31 caches are excessive. I live near San Diego Ca and there are 52 caches (albeit by different people) within 10 miles of my zip code. What area do the Lovelocks' caches cover?

Ah, but how many cachers are there in CA. In the UK we have little more than 100 active cachers.

If you haven't already done so, It might be worth your reading ALL the threads on this subject. Do a search for "Lovelock" in the UK forum.

Take a careful note of those links to the Google/Deja.com site (http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22robin+lovelock%22&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search)and read about the suggested newsgroup "alt.robin-lovelock.annoying" dated 1998 in the sci.geo.satellite-nav newsgroup.

Guest theGophers

quote:
Originally posted by Cacher Jane8276:

(albeit by different people)

Hi Jane. That is one of the many points I was trying to make earlier. swamping an area where there are loads of willing cachers can be a good thing but share them.

Stephen

Guest The Northumbrian

quote:

No need to apologise, all is well and Thank you for clearing things up. I have much reading to do I see, and yes...I think as well that it's time to put this topic to bed. Good luck to you all and enjoy the Caching out there.Read this QUINNOW If you have a look at http://www.gpss.co.uk/thuraya.htm you will see that Lovelock is now advertising satellite phones through his links with Geocaching, he will do the same on your site if you let him away with it

There are at the moment in the UK two protests going on ,The first is the new Terminal at Heathrow Airport and the second is A CAMPAIGN TO STOP LOVELOCK RUINING GEOCACHING FOR EVERYONE WORLDWIDE

------------------

The Northumbrian

Guest Luggage

Quote from What'sHeUpTo

"Ok here is the challenge.

Or could it be that Tony and Bonnie who have never found nor placed any other cache are actually Robin and June. But then again maybe not because Robin does not like people who use pseudonyms. "

What'sHeUpTo is God. God has spoken. Listen, children, and he will teach you much. icon_wink.gif

We have just returned from Cranbourne, and lo, from the belly of the great tree beast came forth, with a great gnashing of teeth (and if you don't have teeth, teeth will be provided!!) (sorry - Discworld quote) a cache of great love/hatelocke. This contained the same style yellow log book with black writing diagonally across the front, as per the picture of Robbing (oops -sorry - typo) Lovelocks web site (come on, you all know the address by now!!) The same plastic-oversized lunchbox, but this time with a snazzy yellow lid, and we did notice another vital difference - the camera at cranborne was from a 'popular supermarket chain' - mentioning no names of course (we don't beleive in advertising)!! No doubt in our minds, it's a Lovelock cache - If he is willing to be this underhanded, what will he do next??

Rincewind (AKA Sherlock) & Luggage (AKA Holmes)

[This message has been edited by Rincewind & Luggage (edited 26 November 2001).]

Guest Luggage

Quote from What'sHeUpTo

"Ok here is the challenge.

Or could it be that Tony and Bonnie who have never found nor placed any other cache are actually Robin and June. But then again maybe not because Robin does not like people who use pseudonyms. "

What'sHeUpTo is God. God has spoken. Listen, children, and he will teach you much. icon_wink.gif

We have just returned from Cranbourne, and lo, from the belly of the great tree beast came forth, with a great gnashing of teeth (and if you don't have teeth, teeth will be provided!!) (sorry - Discworld quote) a cache of great love/hatelocke. This contained the same style yellow log book with black writing diagonally across the front, as per the picture of Robbing (oops -sorry - typo) Lovelocks web site (come on, you all know the address by now!!) The same plastic-oversized lunchbox, but this time with a snazzy yellow lid, and we did notice another vital difference - the camera at cranborne was from a 'popular supermarket chain' - mentioning no names of course (we don't beleive in advertising)!! No doubt in our minds, it's a Lovelock cache - If he is willing to be this underhanded, what will he do next??

Rincewind (AKA Sherlock) & Luggage (AKA Holmes)

[This message has been edited by Rincewind & Luggage (edited 26 November 2001).]