Virus Problem

Nia

We have been absent from the site and e-mail for about a month, Due to a very bad virus.

It re-partitioned our hard-drive and desroyed all data on all drives.

If you don't have XP then goto to www.bsa.org and dowmload the windows patch, You don't want this virus.

With christmas and a New Baby I have only just got the PC working again, I've got Internet, but no e-mail yet so don't e-mail us just post below.

Hope to see some of you at the Pub later today.

Steve

Tech-no notice

I don't want to 'tread' on anyones toes (and I don't want to sound too much like an american TV advert) but I haven't had any problems at all with viruses since I downloaded and installed AVG anti-virus from www.grisoft.com about two years ago.

I introduced the very same program to my place of work and to be honest, we haven't had any viruses hit us there either.

It does daily updates and daily scans of itself and your PC.

Its also FREE!

OF TREADING ON TOES>

-------------

"I'm really looking forward to finding some geo-cash. Where can I spend it?" - My wife. Bless.

While we're all plugging AV software, I also have not had a virus for ages, but that's because my computer of choice is a Macintosh with OS X. Viruses for this OS are *very* rare. In fact I don't think any have been written yet.

I'd recommend it to anybody except that GPS software is quite hard to come by for it icon_frown.gif.

-------

jeremyp

The second ten million caches were the worst too.

http://www.jeremyp.net/geocaching