Calling Cards & Signature Items

Nia

We like a lot of others love collecting both of the above.

I would like to compile a list of both of these, so I know what is out there to collect.

Please could you post below if you place either or both in caches:-

I already know:

Calling Cards

Team T8

Dan & Pid

Kouros

Signature Items

I’ve heard that Tim & June have some

I know Merman has some (and I missed one)

One more thing, when there is only one card in a cache we are not sure if we should take them or not. What are peoples intentions for these cards when left in a cache.

Tech-no notice

quote:
Originally posted by Nia:

I already know:

Calling Cards

Team T8

Dan & Pid

Kouros

Add us to that list. Only one person has our calling card at the moment, and thats Mark (The Cat)

Then again, there may be one in talking to the troops

Michael aka 1/2 of Team Blitz

Wqablz-xqxw tdqml kwfwm twjowcl di klelqklqok ejw hepw gt dm lbw ktdl!

26 27.75 34.2(recuring) 41.09275 480.048 55.027777777(carrys on!) 62.01749271

When I leave cards in a cache, I usually only leave one, as a marker that I had been there (other than the log).

To be honest, it had never occurred to that people might want them... I was going to get some more cards printed, of a higher quality and quantity.

With this in mind, I might leave a more numerous amount in each cache, just in case anyone does want to take them.

With regards to the cards I have left up until now... if you have taken them, don't feel bad! It had just not dawned on me that they might become a collectable.

------

An it harm none, do what ye will

Like Kouros I also leave one as a marker (as well as a note in the log).

I hadn't thought anyone would want to trade them either.

Mine just say that I visited the cache, so if someone were to take it and put it in another cache it might be a bit confusing!

Incidentally I've only started leaving these recently having got hold of a cheap laminator.

Element14

We always leave a 'Nici' keyring in the normal caches we do (they don't fit in micro-caches!). [Actually the day after we got the GPS, we HAD to go and do a cache - it was whilst rummaging through a cupboard that I came across a 'Nici' keyring that I had received as a birthday gift, and so it came about that these became our signature item to leave]. I think Canzo followed us about most of the summer try to collect them - we don't mind and are glad to see that they go to a good home. We've got a couple of "Christmassy" ones at the moment, but they might end up in caches in Germany.

In the caches we have placed (well just the one so far actually, we leave a "cache card"; not a calling card as such, but these are intended as a souvenir for the visitor.

Carol

We leave a card in every cache we visit, just to say we were there, don't mind it being taken by whoever wants one as a keepsake but wouldnt like anyone to put it in another cache we hadnt yet been too, but I don't think anyone would do that.

Below is what our one looks like.....

icon_wink.gif

If you see one of these imagine wherever you are inthe dark. icon_biggrin.gif

Ben Piddington http://www.buckscaching.co.uk

quote:
Originally posted by Tim and Carol:

In the caches we have placed (well just the one so far actually, we leave a "cache card"; not a calling card as such, but these are intended as a souvenir for the visitor.

...I suppose we should stop calling them geocaches then and change their name to cachepoints icon_biggrin.gif

No trees were harmed during the production of this posting, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced....

In line with our other great interest we always try to leave a Lego Key Ring. It used to be Johnny Thunder the Adventurer but I picked up a couple of the "Brickster" last time we went to Legoland. While finding Argal Lake during the summer we came across a Johnny Thunder that had been picked up from Zone Point. So there are about 6 Johnny Thunder Key Rings and just one Brickster out there at the moment. I was surprised to see that I could fit one of these into a micro cache! (just)

Mine is a little mouse dressed in clothes.

There are several different ones and they are all numbered on the base.

Nia and Team Tate both missed one in Solent View!

I am working on calling cards as well.

PS. I am presently caching in South Florida icon_biggrin.gif

sure is nice in the sunshine!

I woke this morning and my boat was not rocking...for one horrid moment I thought I lived in a house!