London rainbow final cache

Molinnis

Hi Guys

I did the "London Rainbow" series of caches yesterday afternoon on a day trip to London. Had an enjoyable afternoon finding numbers 1-7 but it was marred by the final cache being found trashed, I managed to salvage the log book and one of Tim & June's bears.

I have e-mailed McDehack to let him know and hopefully he will re-instate it as soon as possible.

This is such a shame as it really is a good set of caches as I am sure anyone who has completed it will agree.

Anyway just thought I would let you all know so as to save anyone else a wasted journey untill hopefully it is replaced.

Cheers

Mike

I agree - the clue virtuals are good and take you to areas of London you might not otherwise (as a tourist) visit.

Having said that I'm not surprised to see the final part trashed - it was in a fairly dodgy area full of people appearing from bushes etc. When I went looking for it I had to give up due to the amount of unwanted "interest" from passers-by.

Rich

mobilis in mobili

quote:
Originally posted by el10t:

It was in a fairly dodgy area full of people appearing from bushes etc. When I went looking for it I had to give up due to the amount of unwanted "interest" from passers-by.

el10t an I went to look for it after spending some time at lunchtime in the Mitre (also a cache). By the time we got to the location, which is somewhere on Hampstead Heath, I was in need of removal of some of the liquid imbibed at the Mitre. There were plenty of bushes around to provide cover, however there were also lots of strange men standing around doing nothing except watching our attempts to find the cache and - more worryingly - my attempt to feel more relaxed about the beer inside me.

I wouldn't recommend anybody to do the final part of this series on their own even if it wasn't trashed.

-------

jeremyp

The second ten million caches were the worst too.

http://www.jeremyp.net/geocaching