Drafts not keeping the correct order when logged

We returned from a whirlwind trip and are now getting around to logging our finds.  All logs were saved as drafts in the app, and now at home, I'm writing the logs on my computer.  I logged some from a later date and now, when getting to that date, the logs are not in the order found for that date.

If it's time stamped, it should keep the order, correct?  Not a huge deal, but kind of annoying.

17 hours ago, Trekkin' and birdin' said:

We returned from a whirlwind trip and are now getting around to logging our finds.  All logs were saved as drafts in the app, and now at home, I'm writing the logs on my computer.  I logged some from a later date and now, when getting to that date, the logs are not in the order found for that date.

If it's time stamped, it should keep the order, correct?  Not a huge deal, but kind of annoying.

Actually, I disagree - in my opinion it IS a big deal.

• Upvote 1

I assume that you submitted the logs via the website. As far as I know, such logs do not have an exact time associated with them. From my observation, on a particular date the logs usually appear in the order in which I submitted them.

6 hours ago, janrei_ said:

I assume that you submitted the logs via the website. As far as I know, such logs do not have an exact time associated with them. From my observation, on a particular date the logs usually appear in the order in which I submitted them.

This is the way it's always worked for me. My workflow is to log field notes on my GPSr, upload those on a desktop computer via the website, and convert the drafts to full logs via the website. The order of my logs on any particular date is the order in which I submit the full logs. If I happened to miss creating a field note for a cache on my GPSr and do it later in the day, that cache is shown out of order on the Drafts page. I can jump around the drafts list and submit my logs in the correct order and this is the order that's retained, not the order that the drafts were shown.

I believe it's only if you submit the logs via the API (e.g. mobile app, GSAK, etc.) that the specific timestamp is associated with the log and the logs will be ordered as such. If you do it via the website, all the logs will have the same timestamp and the order will be based on the order in which you submit the full logs. This also means that you have to be careful about mixing logs submitted via both the website and API on the same day, because the timestamp handling is different and the order in the end may not be what you intend.

9 hours ago, janrei_ said:

Though... They now appear in an order the exact reverse of the way they used to appear.