Contacting Geoaware's Account

tdb1977

I'm sorry if this has been asked before or not, but is there a way to contact Geoaware?  Do the accounts have a generic email address that they all use?  Or should I contact them through individual accounts?  Do they check messages when you send them a message through the message system?  I am trying to get a couple ECs together, but I would like get some guidance from them before I proceed much further with these ideas.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I recommend contacting the EarthCache reviewer for your area, GeoawareUSA10, by email through his profile page.  GeoawareUSA10 covers all the states near your home (PA, OH, KY, WV, MD, NY, etc.).  If your ideas come from more distant travels, let us know where.  If you stray much further south (Virginia, Tennessee, etc.) you would switch over to geoawareUSA9.  Both of them have handy maps on their profile page to show how coverage for the USA is split up.

Many Reviewers, including myself, do not use the message center for "official business," but others do.  It's always a safe bet to start your contact with an email through Geocaching.com, and then ask later if the message center is OK.

Don't be surprised if you're asked to write up a draft cache page with all the details.  Email is fine for general questions, but at some point the geoaware will want to see the exact text for the background information and verification activities/questions.

Edited by Keystone
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
2 hours ago, Keystone said:

I recommend contacting the EarthCache reviewer for your area, GeoawareUSA10, by email through his profile page.  GeoawareUSA10 covers all the states near your home (PA, OH, KY, WV, MD, NY, etc.).  If your ideas come from more distant travels, let us know where.  If you stray much further south (Virginia, Tennessee, etc.) you would switch over to geoawareUSA9.  Both of them have handy maps on their profile page to show how coverage for the USA is split up.

Many Reviewers, including myself, do not use the message center for "official business," but others do.  It's always a safe bet to start your contact with an email through Geocaching.com, and then ask later if the message center is OK.

Don't be surprised if you're asked to write up a draft cache page with all the details.  Email is fine for general questions, but at some point the geoaware will want to see the exact text for the background information and verification activities/questions.

Thank you so much!  I wasn't sure which Geoaware covered my area.